Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rearranging Points Awarded During Pet Games

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Here is a thought for changing up the mini games a bit. Let me know what you think.

I usually try to max out all of my pet stats by the time my pet gets to epic. With the variety of pet snacks available, I can ususally do this. However sometimes one or two stats always seems to be on the low side, and then I may have to feed the pet something he doesn't like, just to get his stats up. And no, I don't always feed them something they like, but I will if I can.

So to make it a little easier to max out the stats I would like to see the location/type choices for the games be tied to a specific set of stats. For instance, in the dance game, you can have your pet dance in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu or Dragonspyre. Currently each of those locations gives a different mix of stat points. What I'd like to see is them give all of a specific stat for each location and add one that would give points for all. And the number of points you get is based on how well you did in the game, just as it is now.

Raise the maximum number of points possible in any one set of the game to 5 so that for Celestia you would have the possiblity of getting a point in each category. For each dance in the set you would get one point.

Wizard City - Strength only (max 5 points possible)
Krokotopia - Intellect only (max 5 points possible)
Marleybone - Agility only (max 5 points possible)
Mooshu - Will only (max 5 points possible)
Dragonspyre - Power only (max 5 points possible)
Celestia - All stats (one point for each stat in descending order, max total of 5 points)

I know not all the other games make you do five sets of something to complete the round, so they would need to be modified somewhat in order to fit the model. That way all the games would offer the same point/stat possiblity but players would be free to play which ever game they feel they are best at.

Let me know what you think and if you would change something, let me know why.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Interesting Idea.

I do like the fact of taking the games up to 5 points each game, I will say that.

However!

Each MiniGame is different and each one gives max stats in one category.

Maze = Intelligence
Dance = Agility
Food Drop = Strength
Cannon = Wisdom

As for Power, those are only gotten with pet food.

So, while I agree, it would be nice if they gave more points, maybe added in Celestia and Wintertusk or Grizzleheim. More games, or a Pet Feeding booth is needed.

Just my opinion.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
If you look through the games and their locations, each game has one location that focus all 4 points of energy onto a single stat. With power, as long as you feed your pet snacks it loves or likes you'll always get 1-2 bonus points into power without any points that may come with the snack so power almost always maxes out first.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Personally,

I'd just like to see us awarded one pet training point each rank, and be allowed to choose from all the possible slots instead of having it just be random.

The way we can choose what spells to spend our character's training points on.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
random1self wrote:
If you look through the games and their locations, each game has one location that focus all 4 points of energy onto a single stat. With power, as long as you feed your pet snacks it loves or likes you'll always get 1-2 bonus points into power without any points that may come with the snack so power almost always maxes out first.

Thanks for the information, I'd missed that each game had one 4 point option in it for the different stats. LOL, although, with my skills at the Gobbler Drop and the Cannon game, my pets will never see that 4 points for strength and will. I'll be lucky if they get one point from those! So at least the possibility is out there to focus your pet training to a specific stat. You just have to be skilled enough to use it.