Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts Sent to KI about All the New Content

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
It has been quite a join playing this game for as long as I have and I believe my friends would agree. I would rank this game as one of my Top 3 favorites for few compare.

There is one minor thing that does come up often as most players i chat with also show some concerns about.

Since CL and Critical the game has lost its flare in many of my friends eyes mostly in way that now PVP is no longer the luck of the deck....its not all about pvp though but it would be nice if i actually could do 4v4 and 3v3 more like it should be....not saying cant.

The armors were as was stressed by many people worthless and glad new armor was brought out to take care of that, but a few things about critical might need to be looked at...

First:>>>>>>>>>>>
(just as a thought) most games allow criticals to be devastating to monsters by 2x to 3x but on players it normally is only 1.25x to 1.5x. If possible it would be nice to stop being 1 hit killed or resorting to 'only' attack deck. I really dont c a point at this time to use more skillful spells since i will hit a player hard. healing is also kinda pointless so in long run cant really enjoy 4v4 or 3v3s in turn. Even 2v2 seems too much set as 'Hit Critical AND WIN!' Me and friends hit critical a fair bit and block doesnt seem to want to go off in PVP's so not like will have a real defense.
Maybe as a few new spells that could fix it....

Second:>>>>>>>>>
Balance:Balance could have Block charms similiar to bladestorm with say 4 pips gives 20% block chance added to current block of allies and yourself(only activates if an opponent hits a critical to give a extra boost to the block for that round) Level 54
maybe call it 'Inprovisation' heres a link to wikipedia of the meaning and why i picked that word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvisation

(anyone can get spells for TP)
Shield:Ice: for 2 pips a player can place a 25% block boost(shield) to self or ally. Level 50
Ice can steal
Myth can break
critical wand cant affect shield similiar to stun blocks
cloak works on
earthquake must in essence flip a coin on each shield heads block is gone tails it sticks around

Blades:

Ice: for 2 pips a player can place a 40% Ice block blade to self or an ally. Level 54
Fire: same as Ice block boosts boosts 40% Fire block blade to self or an ally. Level 54
Life, Death, Myth, Storm: Same as last 2.

Myth: earthquake could take off since it like blades but like shields flip that coin.
Storm: can destroy
Fire: can steal
Cloaks works on

all these would just help add more skill back to fighting. Kinda wrong the way it is set that who criticals wins it for team/self only.

Life, Ice: Block Absorbs: 1k damage reduces for either school at the cost of 4 pips each: only absorbs critical damages not any attack Level 56:

you can decide what you might call it all but Improvisation i would love the balance one to be called. I will place this in Message Boards for player feed back on my thoughts so you can go on what players want too just by checking under The Dorms as Thoughts Sent to KI about All the New Content

oh and almost forgot......

Third:>>>>>>>>>>

I have vs a few friends partly fun and other times to test out each others decks and something happened that greatly annoyed me.

By my caluations and even my friend that hit me thought it was a bit high since a Centaur hit me for 2300 thru 50% resist and he didnt have any buffs on....by my calc that seems to be a 25% resist vs what his normal attack is....i was wondering if anyone else has seen this Critical extra damamge doesnt get weakened by the resist.....it could be a bug......that may be good to look into.