Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Ok, I know everyone hates dungeons, especially solo only ones. But this has happened to me a few times now. I am just fighting my way through a dungeon when i suddenly get defeated after killing just one monster in a level of two monsters. Luckily I return to that same dungeon and all the monsters I killed earlier have not appeared, so I can go to the level I was at, no problem. However(!), when I fight the one that defeated me and beat it, the gate that prevents me from moving on stays locked! So the only way I can get through is by starting alllllll over again... How fun is that?

An example of this is the quest in Dragonspyre (I always forget the names of the quests) where you have to go to Lord Obsidian's Tomb in Necropolis to use his spirit in the final Knowledge Crystal in the Crucible. I went as far as the third level down (it had a Kyanite Lieutenant and a Fleshless Sentry) and I killed the Sentry before I died (even though I was at full health when I ventured there). So, I return to find the Lieutenant still there. After defeating her, I walk up to the door and it doesnt open... Now I am rather frustrated and will come back when I'm happier (which could take a while).

Sorry for this long topic but maybe you could fix this problem so it doesnt happen to me again?

Thanks

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps you should keep better view of your Health orb and full potions when entering dungeons... And no, not everyone hates Dungeons. I personally enjoy them. Especially the ones with Cheating bosses. So please, don't Generalize and say 'Everyone hates dungeons' because that is 100% not true.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
mercuraz wrote:
However(!), when I fight the one that defeated me and beat it, the gate that prevents me from moving on stays locked!

happens in big ben, too

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps you should keep better view of your Health orb and full potions when entering dungeons... And no, not everyone hates Dungeons. I personally enjoy them. Especially the ones with Cheating bosses. So please, don't Generalize and say 'Everyone hates dungeons' because that is 100% not true.

Johnist, I had 3 full bottles then and I died suddenly because I had about 900 health left and got hit by 900+ even though i was aware she was bladed and i had heaps of traps. Just purely on luck, I never had anything to prevent her from finishing me off so harshly. I only heal myself if I'm about 500 or below (max health about 2750) but by then I didnt have any healing spells either. As for my generalized quote, it is in general, so it doesnt mean it's absolutely true. I have a handful of friends of whom only a few actually like dungeons. I just hate them because of this problem.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:

I would say that 50% is untrue. I kind of agree with you, Johnist, but dungeons sometimes are killers.