Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Creation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I think it would be extremely interesting if players were able to create their own world by use of a downloadable program or even in-game. It would not be difficult for the players to do, and it would attract quite a few of them.

Basically, the program would contain all the articles ever used in the game (everything from a Krokotopian mander to the stone wall segments used in Wizard City), and the players would use these things to fashion their world. They could give characters quests to bestow upon players and even use music from the game (or maybe upload some themselves, along with voice-overs for their characters). It wouldn't be at all hard for Kingsisle to put out, and players would find it easy and enjoy it.

When a player finished creating their world, they could make it go live so that others can play it. However, there is no way so many worlds from so many players would ever fit into the storyline, so players could select a world they want to go to from a list. Also, some players would not want their world accessible by everyone, so the creator of the world could allow certain people to play if they want it private (perhaps they could use code distributions so that only players who have a code can access the world?).

It would be a brilliant idea for Kingsisle to do this, and I hope they do.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
i like this idea, and it seems like it can be a expansion of some sort. all though, it seems like spore, with the galactic adventures expansion :?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Allme247 wrote:
I think it would be extremely interesting if players were able to create their own world by use of a downloadable program or even in-game. It would not be difficult for the players to do, and it would attract quite a few of them.

Basically, the program would contain all the articles ever used in the game (everything from a Krokotopian mander to the stone wall segments used in Wizard City), and the players would use these things to fashion their world. They could give characters quests to bestow upon players and even use music from the game (or maybe upload some themselves, along with voice-overs for their characters). It wouldn't be at all hard for Kingsisle to put out, and players would find it easy and enjoy it.

When a player finished creating their world, they could make it go live so that others can play it. However, there is no way so many worlds from so many players would ever fit into the storyline, so players could select a world they want to go to from a list. Also, some players would not want their world accessible by everyone, so the creator of the world could allow certain people to play if they want it private (perhaps they could use code distributions so that only players who have a code can access the world?).

It would be a brilliant idea for Kingsisle to do this, and I hope they do.

Far too much work. In other words, no.