Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Know How To Fix the Advantage of Going 1st

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
How about instead of the team going second casting their spell on the same round as the team that goes first, make it so when the first team chooses their spell and casts it, the second team will then choose their spell and cast it after the the team that goes first chooses their spell.

This will solve the problem of PvP ( I think) since the team that goes second have less time to shield/heal/attack/break shields and such and the team that goes first has time for all of that. This will also solve the dispel problem because then the team that goes second can see it coming.

And teams would gain their pips when it is their turn while the other team will wait.

If you really think about it.....this idea doesn't sound that bad. :D

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
jjeessuuss101 wrote:
How about instead of the team going second casting their spell on the same round as the team that goes first, make it so when the first team chooses their spell and casts it, the second team will then choose their spell and cast it after the the team that goes first chooses their spell. This will solve the problem of PvP ( I think) since the team that goes second have less time to shield/heal/attack/break shields and such and the team that goes first has time for all of that. If you really think about it.....this idea doesn't sound that bad. :D
i think this would help even out the first turn advantage, but then each team would have to get a separate thirty second timer to select their spells, meaning the matches could potentially take twice as long. plus the other team would be doing nothing while waiting, and people who are adept enough to select their spells right away could be waiting for up to a minute till the turn actually starts... otherwise, it's a great idea!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Here's another idea or two. For multiple player (2x2+) PvP, have the turns staggered as so:

2x2: A1 B1 B2 A2
3x3: A1 B1 B2 A2 A3 B3
4x4: A1 B1 B2 A2 A3 B3 B4 A4

On the next round, the order would be reversed, with B1 starting first.

For 1x1 PvP, the players would alternate turns, with A going first in one round, then B going first in the following round.

These would help reduce the advantage of the first turn (nothing is going to solve it perfectly), while also opening the door for more options for tactics and strategic play.