Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do i defeat the forest lord pet boss?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
i am having a very hard time defeating this guy. i want my new 58 pet very badly. he starts with like 6 power pips. i tried last night with my treasure card verison talos minon and couldnt defeat him. i went to WC library and bought tons of towers and weakness. i put some life sheilds in my deck. i was thinking i could pull off the temptest spell with all assorts of storm boost to defeat him. so everything is going well then i finally cast temptest and it critacls. im like yay i won but the boss blocked the crital! so it ended up doing about 4000 damage to the boss and killing the minon. i now have like 300 healh left. he finishes me off with a nautures wrath. i have no crowns for henchmen and i dont think you can get help either. how can you defeat this guy?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
mariokartmaster28 wrote:
i am having a very hard time defeating this guy. i want my new 58 pet very badly. he starts with like 6 power pips.

How do I even GET to this quest? I believe I've completed everything in Wintertusk and there is no mention of a new pet? Any tips?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
kristymartin wrote:
mariokartmaster28 wrote:
i am having a very hard time defeating this guy. i want my new 58 pet very badly. he starts with like 6 power pips.

How do I even GET to this quest? I believe I've completed everything in Wintertusk and there is no mention of a new pet? Any tips?
you must complete all of the main quest in wintertusk. then once you have completed nasrond the final wintertusk area go to your school teacher. they will have a quest for you. if they dont you arent level 58 and you havent completed the other school only quests. you first talk to an npc and then they tell you to go defeat the boss for that quest. once you have defeated it go back to the npc. you will complete the quest and you will be given your new pet. this thread here is about the life quest to get your forest lord pet. if your not life then this dosent involve you no offence. anyways i have completed the quest so the mods can close the thread.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Try to have enough pips for your guardian and tree. Once you bring out your guardian use the tree or at least a spirit armor on her. I used tree cause I was injured and it put absorbs on both of us. Give her shields and she'll keep you alive. Make sure you use a prism before any death shields go up if possible this way he can't block your "death spells" and maximize your blades and traps to hit as hard as possible.

Use dispels also between 4 and 6 pips on the boss it will usually burn all pips this way. Look for gear with high life strength and resist. And see if you can get another wizard to with you if your having an issue. I had no problems with him.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
If you have completed wintertusk then go talk to teacher.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
kristymartin wrote:
mariokartmaster28 wrote:

If you have met all of the requirements, head to your school's professor for the quest. There was no message that popped up after finishing Wintertusk in regards to the quest, so I was confused when I first finished WT. Just head there and the quest will be available.

Saffron IronThorn,
Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
mariokartmaster28 wrote:
i am having a very hard time defeating this guy. i want my new 58 pet very badly. he starts with like 6 power pips. i tried last night with my treasure card verison talos minon and couldnt defeat him. i went to WC library and bought tons of towers and weakness. i put some life sheilds in my deck. i was thinking i could pull off the temptest spell with all assorts of storm boost to defeat him. so everything is going well then i finally cast temptest and it critacls. im like yay i won but the boss blocked the crital! so it ended up doing about 4000 damage to the boss and killing the minon. i now have like 300 healh left. he finishes me off with a nautures wrath. i have no crowns for henchmen and i dont think you can get help either. how can you defeat this guy?

Try using a few level 50 henchmen you can find them in the crown shop.