Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celebrity voices.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 13, 2011
I haven't seen any threads about KI dropping us some hints as to which celebrities might be behind some of the voice acting.

Can anyone peg a name to a voice?

In knowing that the KI team has payed homage to so much of their cultural influences by integrating them into the game (The Dark Crystal, Big Lebowski etc), it would not surprise me that they might want to have some of their favorite folks voice acting.

The example I believe to be true is that the KI team must be Gearheads. (BBC UK's Top Gear).

I can swear up down and sideways that they have Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond doing some voices in here. In particular, Hrafn Lorespeaker in Ravenscar by the teleporter. I cannot recall which one I believe him to be because the quests are done and I can't relisten to the dialouge. Interestingly enough, the recipe vendor next to the teleporter is called Hamund Vittlecrafter, but I don't remember him having a quest, heh. (Was he the one that sounded like Richard Hammond?)

There is another mob in GH somewhere that sounds like one of them, and I believe there's one in Celestia that sounds like Jeremy. Cyrus Drake sounds a lot like him as well, but I am not sure because of how he alters his voice to sound like a haute snob.

Has anyone else recognized a voice and are sure it is a celebrity? Give it a go! ;-)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I have said before that I think that Cyrus Drake sounds a lot like Jeremy Irons, the actor. If I close my eyes and listen to Cyrus, I can see Jeremy Irons with the facial expressions and all... :D

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
I haven't seen any threads about KI dropping us some hints as to which celebrities might be behind some of the voice acting.

In knowing that the KI team has payed homage to so much of their cultural influences by integrating them into the game (The Dark Crystal, Big Lebowski etc), it would not surprise me that they might want to have some of their favorite folks voice acting.

The example I believe to be true is that the KI team must be Gearheads. (BBC UK's Top Gear).

I can swear up down and sideways that they have Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond doing some voices in here. In particular, Hrafn Lorespeaker in Ravenscar by the teleporter. I cannot recall which one I believe him to be because the quests are done and I can't relisten to the dialouge. Interestingly enough, the recipe vendor next to the teleporter is called Hamund Vittlecrafter, but I don't remember him having a quest, heh. (Was he the one that sounded like Richard Hammond?)

There is another mob in GH somewhere that sounds like one of them, and I believe there's one in Celestia that sounds like Jeremy. Cyrus Drake sounds a lot like him as well, but I am not sure because of how he alters his voice to sound like a haute snob.

Has anyone else recognized a voice and are sure it is a celebrity? Give it a go! ;-)

There probably aren't any celebrity voices here. They would say if so.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
mman17 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

why would they need to tell us it isnt that important that they might of recorded a celeb for a voice

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
jed568 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

why would they need to tell us it isnt that important that they might of recorded a celeb for a voice

I think KI would tell us? It would add hype to the game, right?

Defender
May 12, 2009
jed568 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

They would probably tell us so we could tell our friends and they would try out the game.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
ezrajoseph wrote:
jed568 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

They would probably tell us so we could tell our friends and they would try out the game.

Exactly my point.