Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This mix makes no sense...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
A mix between an Ice wizard's wyvern and Balance wizard's judgement would presumably produce some hatch between the two schools; how is it that we each got a Radiant Egg that is of the Fire school? That makes no sense and creates a wasted hatch experience, as I have several-too many-fire wyverns and my hatching partner that already as that mix as well. Before you go suggesting mixed parentage, I know the other wizard and my own pet and both are the pets that were obtained via WT quest and have same pedigree of 59 marking a "pure pet" pedigree. I am up for random mixes or same pet, but a pet outside of both schools makes ZERO sense. I hope to understand, but a Fire based hatch result from an Ice and Balance mix is confusing and frustrating.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
If you read the Hybrid boards on the fansites you would know that the Judgement pet is either bugged or is a genetic wildcard.

So far I have hached my Judgement with an Ice Wyvern and a Forest Lord and the results have been:
Judgement+Ice Wyvern = Firey Judgement and Fire Wyvern

Judgement+Forest Lord = Astral Judge and Crop Watcher

Crop Watcher? A Death pet from Balance and Life? Instead of complaining I wish I could CHARGE for hatching with Judgement!!

2 hatches, 4 hybrids, 3 pets that defy explaination, I'd say that was pretty sweet myself.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
lol i had same experience with my life and friend balance, yes these 2 were the originals from the quest

ok friend with balance got cute little green/red judge and i got a hilarious Crop Watcher with death card - so i gave it to my death wizard and he traind it up- at teen the spritely appeared ! so i obviously was HAPPY lol

now i have the 'daddy' forest lord to ancient and no sign of spritely and the original judge is up to ancient and she has no spritely yet, so we thinking we may need to train to epic and see ! else where did crop get it? lol

i hatched 'daddy' wit storm and that one will wash out, and with ice- there i got the life wyvern with ice card, so for me a wash - my ice on other account lol; i just hatched another storm one and hoping for better attributes,

but it is SO CHEAP to hatch, heck go fight ravens for you badge and make enough money a day to pay for another hatch! my rpob is finind wyverns to hatch with! i have to hurry and get my ice wizard done LOL

dont complain - HAVE FUN with it, and you may be surprised at what you get !

keira of many legends

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Krailzec wrote:
A mix between an Ice wizard's wyvern and Balance wizard's judgement would presumably produce some hatch between the two schools; how is it that we each got a Radiant Egg that is of the Fire school? That makes no sense and creates a wasted hatch experience, as I have several-too many-fire wyverns and my hatching partner that already as that mix as well. Before you go suggesting mixed parentage, I know the other wizard and my own pet and both are the pets that were obtained via WT quest and have same pedigree of 59 marking a "pure pet" pedigree. I am up for random mixes or same pet, but a pet outside of both schools makes ZERO sense. I hope to understand, but a Fire based hatch result from an Ice and Balance mix is confusing and frustrating.
every pet that is hatched with judgement is getting an opposite school pet. it makes perfect sense since it is the ultimate Balance pet. you got a fire pet because it is the opposement (balance) of ice. you mix a death pet with judgement, you get life. it makes perfect sense. -corwin sandstalker, grandmaster sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
etherchaos
you best me to it, got to thinking about it, and now you have sadi it- with balance as the folcrum so to speak, we get our opposite school in a hatch, so if you want a frog hatch a kracken with the balance lol, i got crow with my life,

cool idea when you think about it

kira

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
i noticed something lol KI has done this on purpose lol because of you mix with a forest lord,humongofrog, or scarecrow you get an astral judge, while on the other hand if ya mix with a kracken, pheonix or a wyvern ya get a fiery judge i think KI just did this the way it is because it is almost in the same region lol life death myth________fire ice storm

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I was highly disappointed to hatch a pet mix of heck hound (that had no card yet and may not get one i guess) and a firezilla with 2 cards, only for each player to hatch the exact same dang pet for themselves. the hatching process didnt even swap the eggs so the other person (actually me with two accounts breeding a pet from each account that had reached adult) would get the opposite pet. why the heck would i want the exact same pet from a hatch for that player, why didnt it swap the pets. It was my first hatch, cost a fortune and was a total waste. very disappointed :(

Taryn RavenHeart/Rylee SpriteCaster pet hatch disaster 8..(

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
omg i had the same issue! i was about to make a post about it until i saw this, so i hatched my phoenix with a judgement, since firey judgement was only hybrid i needed, and I GOT A FIRE WYVERN. I mean i am thankful for the pedigree [67(0)], but i was disappointed and enraged to the point where I just logged off after telling my friend 'bye. just got. ANNOYED. :]'
KI FIX THIS! this disappointed me and got me soooo angry

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011