Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finally!

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Over three weeks later....I finally get my Deadly Fly Traps to go elder. I'm not complaining, since I got numerous Death treasure cards, but wow a burden has been lifted. One of the reasons it took so long is that they withered at one point during the "season." I have never grown any other plants for that long before.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Over three weeks later....I finally get my Deadly Fly Traps to go elder. I'm not complaining, since I got numerous Death treasure cards, but wow a burden has been lifted. One of the reasons it took so long is that they withered at one point during the "season." I have never grown any other plants for that long before.

I feel the same way about Silver Trumpet Vines. Each time I plant them one always withers regardless of how often I tend to it.

As for the Deadly Fly Traps...Oh yes, they are GREAT for the death treasure cards, but with them come a lot of pests. Each time I plant them, I tell myself I will never do it again. Then I end up with an empty medium plot with only a deadly fly trap seed to put in it. Before I know it, I have it in the ground waiting in anticipation for the feints, curses, and scarecrows.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
sorry, but none of my plants have never took that long to reach elder, and i've planted lots of them.

do you use the garden gnomes? they seem to speed up the process. but be careful, the pest and needs come that much quicker, even twice a day. with high rank plants, you will have a hard time keeping up, so dont plant to many.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tEKNIq1979 wrote:
sorry, but none of my plants have never took that long to reach elder, and i've planted lots of them.

do you use the garden gnomes? they seem to speed up the process. but be careful, the pest and needs come that much quicker, even twice a day. with high rank plants, you will have a hard time keeping up, so dont plant to many.

I only had three plants and I already know why they took a long time. Again, I wasn't complaining, just letting everyone know how relieved I am that they are finally elder and the potential effects if you let a Deadly Fly Trap wither.

-Grandmaster Gardner

Survivor
May 02, 2009
tEKNIq1979 wrote:

Where do you get garden gnomes for the gardens? I really need to speed up the process of my rainbow-colored garden of dandelions.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
samueljameslee wrote:
tEKNIq1979 wrote:

Where do you get garden gnomes for the gardens? I really need to speed up the process of my rainbow-colored garden of dandelions.

From the Garden Trainer in Golem Court (Farley I think). Click on the Garden items tab.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
yea, you cant let them wither, it will drop back a stage in growing and you have to start again.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
kingurz wrote:
samueljameslee wrote:
tEKNIq1979 wrote:

From the Garden Trainer in Golem Court (Farley I think). Click on the Garden items tab.

Thanks! That really helps.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge