Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pyromancy underpowered post wintertusk releas

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
fire is not underpowered! fire has good damage and may have a 75% fizzle rate, but it doesn't fizzle as much as storm. if you want to complain about not having that much damage for the school, then got talk to wizards from the ice school, because they have the worst damage rates!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Are you kidding me? Fire is too strong! I can't win. EFREET is a big weakness. If any school is weak, it's life. Have you seen snow angel? Look at forest lord. It's WAY weaker! I think Wizard101 simply doesn't put effort into the life school, and you should be working on your strategy, my friend!

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Being a pyromancer, I felt this way as soon as wintertusk came out and I totally agree with you! Something that you didn't mention, though, is that death and ice both got rank eight spells with damage over time. Fire is losing it's credability of the school with damage over time spells. KingsIsle needs to give fire it's sort of special ness back because all of the other schools have their special stuff like ice having high defense and health, which no other schools have.

Everyone is stealing damage over time from fire.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Only half of me agrees to this, the other half feels we can win back our pride! Even after the level 58 spells, we still have the strongest aoe spell, Fire Dragon! But I do have to agree, in the level 58 spells, ice and death are given strong dot spells, which is supposed to be Fire's speciality! If you are going to give us a speciality, can't you limit it to fire and balance? And the Stormhound, now KI is giving it power over the Original, The Heckhound! Sure i was glad when they increased heckhound from 120 to 130, but then they made the stormhound do 135, and the stormhound treasure card 160. And the hechound treasure card 135. We are losing our edge, and i am not saying we have lost it yet, but we are slowly, very slowly, going down the the worst school. We can still fight back! Go down to the arena and you can see, just shield, blade and trap up, and you can cast the ultimate heckhound with 14 pips! So I say, fellow pyromancers, Even though we are weakening in the point of view of others, we can prove them wrong. And i also agree about the waterworks. Every time i try to join a team, they talk with text, which i dont have yet, and leave me at the last second. But they do, however, accept my sister, who is a legendary ice. I am just so sick and tired of only being accepted by fellow pyromancers, It is an insult to our powers! If the other schools just let us in with them, they would just see all of the power they rejected. Fight back pyromancers, fight back. WE may not have the strongest damgae boosts or resistances, but we do have some of the best critical rating. Add a critical to a heckhound with a wyldfire, a fire blade, a fireblade treasure card (optional), a balance blade, three fire traps, a fuel, an elemental blade, an amplify, and 7 power pips, and you have yourself a force to be reckoned with, that is assuming you live long enough to cast it.

Rogan Dragonflame, the starter of the pyromantic war against everyone else because everyone else here is just complaining or trying to make us feel better.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I feel just the opposite. Fire has decent stats, but I feel that Wintertusk and the Waterworks made Storm too strong. With their gear from the Waterworks (which it seems nearly EVERY Legendary has a piece of by now, if not the whole set), Storm gets nearly 80% attack. That doesn't include extra attack from pet abilities, as well as the Lv56 Wintertusk Rings and Athames (that give on average +7% school damage boost each). Also, they receive a higher Critical rating that anyone else, and nearly 30% resist to all schools, giving Storm a universal resist that is nearly on-par with Ice. Something tells me that taking a potential 1,800 or 3,600 damage from an unboosted Leviathan just isn't right. Sorry if I seem like Im ranting, but this is the truth.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
pyromancy may be a little choppy in some parts of winter tusk but I would not say its underpowered and it sure has more use in water works than a death wizard plus they get stuck with a sub par level 58 spell Skeletal Dragon it hits only 1 target has no perks like stun and in comparason on the other level 58 spells the damage is weak, in waterworks aoe's are needed the death wizards strongest aoe is scare crow which only does 400 even with blades it will only tickle most mobs at level 50 and above... I also have a fire wizard I do far more damage and faster because I dont need as many blades and traps and the spells I get have a high damage per pip ratio unlike my death wizard so after playing 3 schools I will have to disagree that fire is underpowered its just no longer the most powerful and no longer the flavor of the month cookie cutter build but thats what happens when mmo's make flavor of the month characters, between this and nerfing seems to be the biggest problem with mmo games. I am not saying at this point wizards101 did this intentionally because balancing out a game is a very complicated task.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
no pyromancy is not underpowered I would give some fair comparisons to other schools but it seems when I do its a sticky situation with the wizards mods and they censor me so all I can say is its a very strong school playing one myself.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I disagree. And almost everyone you battle in Wintertusk is Ice, so there's an advantage. Also, I'm Fire school, and I have decent health, the new spell that gives you 3 Fire traps is EPIC. I don't see why you're complaining so much.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
jeffrey22359910112... wrote:
Are you kiddinf me!? Fire is just as good as the other schools!

Health is 3,000+! While storm is barely 2,000+!

You get like 27% resist or so! With a pet you can get 40+!

And the pets have the SAME rank. All are 58. (I think.)

And Efreet does 910 damage. Only Storm is doing more!

Much more I could say about this...

Where are you getting your information? I am barely even at 2900. And same rank pets? They are almost all different (some have pairs with same rank). And 910 damage? subtract 15 from that and you have the actual damage. Also, my pet only gives me resist to fire, nothing else.
before you post again, make sure your info is valid.