Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bye Forum

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 whatever your reason is- don't leave..

I have ran into rude people too- regardless of what was said- it's no reason to go..

There are some jerks on the forums- some scout it non stop to find someone who does or something on accident - or that they can take to the extreme.. Try to ignore these people. I just ran into a few myself- but for every jerk on these posts there is 2 good ones that are helpful.. :)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It would be nice if queenlybluebean and BrooklynOrcbane would give their opinions on this.

Akihiro,

IMHO, it is all of our responsibilities to guard against being rude and disrespectful of one another. It's one thing to express one's truth, and entirely another to claim intellectual superiority over others. It's one thing to agree to disagree with another person, and entirely another to berate others for disagreeing with one's opinion. There's a universal rule: Do unto others as you wish they would do to you. This rule applies in these forums, just as it does to real life.

Personally, I think you have very good ideas, express clear intelligence and often sincerity, and your writing is quite good, but sometimes your posts come across as superior and unkind. Everyone does this occasionally by accident, in the heat of reaction to a post or reply. However, it is true that we are individually responsible for our own words, and how they are received. A good writer will account for the reaction s/he wishes to get from the reader/audience, or run the risk of being misunderstood, discredited, or the recipient of criticism. In this particular situation, Crystalwizard offered good advice, but you took it as negative criticism. I don't think s/he meant to offend you, just to remind you to be careful in revision, editing, and proofreading, and to consider the audience for your posts. That's advice I offer to students every day, and it is good advice for an aspiring writer.

Now, I think you are holding me somewhat responsible for your decision to leave the forum. I really don't understand why you wish to transfer that responsibility to me, as it is entirely your choice to stay or leave. Never give such power to another person. If you don't like what I said in my reply to you then ignore me, don't read my threads, and generally avoid communicating with me here. It isn't hard to do. But don't expect that I will let rude and condescending comments go unaddressed, especially if they are directed at me or are particularly unkind to another person. I will call you out, it's my nature and my right as a free human being.

No, I don't think you should leave the forums just because you have encountered a little criticism from others here. But I DO think you have to learn how to take what you dish out and learn from the experience. A thin skin is a liability in the free exchange of ideas, especially when it comes to public forums such as this one.

The choice is yours. Do you wish to stay or go? Which decision yields the best outcome for you, as a social human being, and as a member of the wizarding community? My advice is for you is to listen to darthj . He knows quite a lot about this type of situation, and appears to have learned a great deal from a recent skirmish in these forums.

Regards,

qbb