Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yardbird Quest Error

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
When you find, say, the fourth yardbird, a correct message states you found the fourth one and now you should look for the fifth. However, if you go to the yardbird quest, normally you will see the fourth one has been removed from the list and the fifth one is there. However, in Grizzelheim, there's a bug in the quest card. When you find the fourth one, the fifth one is removed from the list, and the fourth one is still on the list. You can't look at the fifth to determine in which area it is to be found. Even worse, if you forget that you've found the fourth one already and go back later to look for it, the program will not respond when you find since it knows you've found it already. You can look for it the rest of your life and never find it.

There are a total of ten yardbirds and five areas. There are two in each area. If, say, the fifth one is missing, you can determine in which area it is to be found by looking at the sixth one since they are paired by area. So, one and two are in Savarstaad Pass, three and four are in Mirkwood Deep, etc.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Grimely wrote:
When you find, say, the fourth yardbird, a correct message states you found the fourth one and now you should look for the fifth. However, if you go to the yardbird quest, normally you will see the fourth one has been removed from the list and the fifth one is there. However, in Grizzelheim, there's a bug in the quest card. When you find the fourth one, the fifth one is removed from the list, and the fourth one is still on the list. You can't look at the fifth to determine in which area it is to be found. Even worse, if you forget that you've found the fourth one already and go back later to look for it, the program will not respond when you find since it knows you've found it already. You can look for it the rest of your life and never find it. There are a total of ten yardbirds and five areas. There are two in each area.
when you collect the birds, it doesn't tell you that you've collected the fourth or fifth one- it just tells the area you collected it at. if the fifth one was removed, then you collected the fifth one. if everyone who collects the same yardbird gets the fifth one removed from the list, it's obviously the fifth yardbird. why do you think it's the fourth?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Grimely wrote:
When you find, say, the fourth yardbird, a correct message states you found the fourth one and now you should look for the fifth. However, if you go to the yardbird quest, normally you will see the fourth one has been removed from the list and the fifth one is there.

There are a total of ten yardbirds and five areas. There are two in each area. If, say, the fifth one is missing, you can determine in which area it is to be found by looking at the sixth one since they are paired by area. So, one and two are in Savarstaad Pass, three and four are in Mirkwood Deep, etc.

If that is actually happening with your quest, and it isn't registering the correct yardbird, it might help to "Contact Support" by using the green tab at the top of this page. Let them know what is happening so they can fix it.

And to find the locations for all of the Yardbirds, the fansite at Wizard101Central.com has great lists and guides for Zeke's quests and for the history books too.

Check this one out for the yardbirds:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122130&highlight=yardbirds

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Ironically and not surprising I did try to contact support. There is another bug in the Contact Support page where it doesn't allow me to submit a report because it says my email address is already in the database. I finally sent a report about my problem reporting a problem. They are presently working on that. When that's corrected, I'll report the original problem.

Fun stuff, eh?

Survivor
May 30, 2010
No,there is not an error.There is one in Helgrind Warren.So you are mistaken.

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
You're not following me. The two in Mirkwood Deep are numbers 3 and 4 on the quest list. After finding one of them, I then found the second one, which means there shouldn't be any Mirkwood Deep yardbird on the quest list. When I found the second Mirkwood Deep yardbird, two messages were displayed. The first one said that quest was successful. The second one said to find the 5th yardbird in a completely different area. These messages are displayed on screen temporarily and then disappper.

Then, I forgot which area was stated on the screen, so I entered my wizard book to reread the quest. In there, there was no Number 5 yardbird and number 4, the 2nd Mirkwood deep yardbird, was still listed. That's the one I had just found.

There's clearly an error.

Eventually, I went to the third area and found the two yardbirds there, and the error no longer exists on my quest list.

Part of the program logic is correct when you find the yardbird. Part of it is wrong when it comes to removing the correct quest from the yardbird list in your quest.

The on screen messages were always correct. The list wasn't.

Whether there's a yardbird in Helgrind Warren is irrelevant.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Grimely wrote:
When you find, say, the fourth yardbird, a correct message states you found the fourth one and now you should look for the fifth. However, if you go to the yardbird quest, normally you will see the fourth one has been removed from the list and the fifth one is there. However, in Grizzelheim, there's a bug in the quest card. When you find the fourth one, the fifth one is removed from the list, and the fourth one is still on the list. You can't look at the fifth to determine in which area it is to be found. Even worse, if you forget that you've found the fourth one already and go back later to look for it, the program will not respond when you find since it knows you've found it already. You can look for it the rest of your life and never find it.

Did you ever think of not doing that quest. What do you get, 40 exp. Thats nothing, So just Ignore the quest.

Hunter WildHorn
GrandMaster Pyromancer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
amiramir321 wrote:
Grimely wrote:

Did you ever think of not doing that quest. What do you get, 40 exp. Thats nothing, So just Ignore the quest.

Hunter WildHorn
GrandMaster Pyromancer

That quest comes with a training point, which is very valuable.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Sometimes when I've had enough of everything else, I'd rather run around looking for a yardbird. It's a pleasant puzzle to solve. So, no, I don't ignore it. I shelve it until I'm in the mood.