Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unstitch function?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
There are times when I've stitched something and then decided I liked the look of the original item better. In some cases, however, the original item was a boss drop no auction item, so I can't go just buy another copy and stitch it again.

Would it be put in an unstitch function that would return the object to it's default look?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The problem with unstitching is that every stitched item would have to have its original unstitched form stored. That would probably require that the item-file size be expanded to handle this, and that would be a massive programming effort, as well as increasing the overall amount of hard drive storage needed.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
colagada wrote:
The problem with unstitching is that every stitched item would have to have its original unstitched form stored.

nonsense. The game knows what object was the original. It retains the original name. All it has to do is change the flag that points to what displays on the character. If it's unstitched, then the flag is changed back to the default look for that item, and yeah, that would undye it too.