Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp down hill

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2008
i know some like pvp but really how fun is it when you fight a warlord and have no chance? i mean is it fair for a lvl 27 to fight a LEGENDARY WARLORD!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
KennethB wrote:
i know some like pvp but really how fun is it when you fight a warlord and have no chance? i mean is it fair for a lvl 27 to fight a LEGENDARY WARLORD!
do you know how high your rank would have to be for this to take place? Your level 27 wizard would have to be somewhere around rank 1600, and if that were the case you would not be here complaining. Listen if your level 27 ever fights a legendary warlord again pls take a screenshot because I play low level quite a bit and don't believe a word of your post.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
KennethB wrote:

Ken,

Just curious, what PvP level was your player, a captain, commander, etc?
I have a level 25 that is a captain, and I have faced Commmanders and Sargents (and maybe lower) before, and have not waited that long before the match was set up.
Your going to get this mismatch sometimes, but hopefully it won't be the norm. When you do get it, stay in till the end, and watch how the Player sets you up and beats you. There is always knowledge to gain, even in when you lose. Plus you get four tickets, and you want those tickets to keep buildling, as at some point new PvP gear will show you, and you will want it.

TravisAK,

Ken never really states what his player is, a Captain, a Commander, or what.
So based on that, his player could have been pitted across from a Warlord.
My Captain has gone up against Warlords, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Joe.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
KennethB wrote:

The only time I have seen this is in teams never 1v1. Usually when I, a legendary private, face off against mid levels it is cause they are at least captain or mor often they are teamed with a level 60 themselves usually to help them gain rank more quickly.

If you were faced off 1v1 vs a legendary warlord and you are a 27 anything less than captain then it could be noteworthy. If you was in a group thenyou have to account for thier level and rank as to why you faced this opponent.

And if you would have won the match you probably would have gotten some good points.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
it's ok because the practice pvp you're doing really doesn't affect you in any way. just use it as a learning experience. ranked pvp won't pit you against opponents that far out of your league if you ever decide to try it. keller moonblade, adept necromancer

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
KennethB wrote:

Another thing that everyone is forgetting.

3 questions

Was it ranked or practice?

If it wasn't ranked...

Did you join a quick match in practice?

If it still isn't practice or anything in practice, then I'll leave it up to other people.

Just making that part clear.

Travis Smith
PyroScientist
PvP Captain

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
KennethB wrote:
i was privet rank and still is thanks to that match
hmm, still don't see it happening. Maybe a glitch?