Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Legendary questions?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I'd really like to see a bunch of side quests for legends scattered around on all the existing worlds. Quests which are complicated, going to take a while, and which result not in xp but in rank 9 pet snacks, extremely rare reagents, perhaps a training point, and so on. Stuff Legends need and can use, since we can't use xp any more.

Maybe even some stuff that can only be gotten from those quests and which is no auction and no trade, like special plants or housing items.

Pack the existing worlds with stuff for us who can't level any more to do and reward us with stuff we need/want - and advertise the fact that those quests don't give out xp.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
I'd really like to see a bunch of side quests for legends scattered around on all the existing worlds. Quests which are complicated, going to take a while, and which result not in xp but in rank 9 pet snacks, extremely rare reagents, perhaps a training point, and so on. Stuff Legends need and can use, since we can't use xp any more.

Maybe even some stuff that can only be gotten from those quests and which is no auction and no trade, like special plants or housing items.

Pack the existing worlds with stuff for us who can't level any more to do and reward us with stuff we need/want - and advertise the fact that those quests don't give out xp.

Great idea. May also free up some of the new zones from massive lag (spread out, versus all wizards in one zone). Not to mention get some legendaries mixed in with lower level wizards doing separate quests (increasing the chance for help on quests/enemies). Finally, it's a stroll down memory lane!!!

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

I think this is a great idea. I would love it if KI implemented this.

However, how is this different from dungeon farming now? I mean, once a wizard completes a dungeon twice, the wizard no longer gets XP. So, all you are suggesting is a special farming dungeon for legendaries. And, unless KI has a means of keeping non-legendaries from porting into these dungeons, you will see them farming these places just as much as a legendary wizard.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the difference would be only legendarys could do these side quest they would be level limtited

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think it's a great idea. I've been thinking the same thing myself. Especially the unique plants and housing item idea. I'm still searching for my water slide.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Trasilor wrote:

However, how is this different from dungeon farming now?

Vastly different,

First of all, the quests would be restricted to legends only.

Second of all, while there would be things to fight, the special items would be unique, one of a kind that you got at the end of the quest not as a drop.

Third, there might be quests that you could do only once and that you'd have to make a choice of which reward you wanted -- gaining one unique item but missing out on the other.

Forth, everything gained either as drops or as quest rewards would be no auction no trade, meaning the only way you could get it for a specific wizard would be to do the quest on that wizard.

Fifth, some quests might have random requirements so that you couldn't solve it the same way every time.

Sixth, some could be level AND school specific - meaning that for certain quests you'd both have to be a legend and part of the right primary school

There are hundreds of places that quests could be scattered around on all worlds. There are probably hundreds of doors in wizard city that have nothing behind them for example. And the same for every where else.