Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about symbols on Cards and Equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
2 part question.

1st question is - Ive noticed some equipment having hearts and leafs that say outgoing with a percentage next to it. What does that mean and is there a place i can go to read about what all the diffrent things like that do.. that enhance my equipment i am wearing. Trying to understand it better.

2nd question is - On some of the cards i also noticed ( water elemental treasure card) above the percent of success there are diffrent symbols ( mine is a ring from what it looks like). Is there someplace again i can go to read about what the diffrent symbols mean and do so i know when im looking for a specific card i dont get one i dont want.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
sedcmd7379 wrote:
2 part question. 1st question is - Ive noticed some equipment having hearts and leafs that say outgoing with a percentage next to it. What does that mean and is there a place i can go to read about what all the diffrent things like that do.. that enhance my equipment i am wearing. Trying to understand it better. 2nd question is - On some of the cards i also noticed ( water elemental treasure card) above the percent of success there are diffrent symbols ( mine is a ring from what it looks like). Is there someplace again i can go to read about what the diffrent symbols mean and do so i know when im looking for a specific card i dont get one i dont want. Thanks :-)
the heart symbols are for how much bonus you get with healing to you (incoming) and others (outgoing) mind you, if you heal yourself, it's considered both incoming and outgoing. there is a whole list of symbols and their meaning in your player's guide. it's full of a lot of additional information, from game terminology to what a blue light on a house means. it's the best place to check first with any questions. -eli darkthorn

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
For question 1, there sure is. The link is provided below, even though the player's guide is out of date in that particular section (doesn't have critical or block symbols).

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bbe0c55793986

Your specific example means if you cast a life school based healing spell, it will boost the number by whatever percentage on the card.

For your second question, I'm afraid I don't understand what you are describing. I didn't notice a ring shaped symbol above the accuracy percentage on the water elemental card.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
To your second question there are different "sets" of TC I believe it is 4 different sets. With these sets there are variations to damage or accuracy usually. Nothing major compared to one of another set. At least that is what I've noticed.

If you open your character info and go to the question mark tab it has all kinds of info about the game.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks to all that responded :) i have bookmarked the players guide and checking it out now. Thanks again :)

Response to 2nd question is this. - I bought the treasure cards at the bazaar store there were 1 left of each and there were 3-4 i think difrent prices with a diffrent symbol above the percentage accuracy. ( i think there cards were from a set)

maybe in the players guide there might be info on it.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I have 1 question on the creature cards, there are clovers, swirls, and stars on the bottom right corner of the picture of the creature. What do they mean? I know what the fist, sheild, heart, and broken heart stand for, but not the others. :D THANKS!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Picturescreen wrote:
I have 1 question on the creature cards, there are clovers, swirls, and stars on the bottom right corner of the picture of the creature. What do they mean? I know what the fist, sheild, heart, and broken heart stand for, but not the others. :D THANKS!

This is the link for you!

https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bb8889a482e8f

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Picturescreen wrote:
clovers are charms(blades, etc.), i think swirls are spells like wyldfire, time of legend, power play, and so on. Stars are spells from the star school, I believe they are based around auras.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
The anwer to our first question is that the percentage incoming is a boost to when somebody heals you. The percentage that is outgoing is a boost to when you heal somebody else. When you heal yourself it is both incoming and outgoing.