Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappearing treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Hello-
I had a curious problem today while making Helping Hands treasure cards using Keen Eyes. I purchased 20 Keen Eyes cards at the library and then headed down to my favorite spot in Unicorn Way. I proceded to make all 20 cards, discarding them from my hand as I went.
When I finished making all 20 I went to my inventory to add them to my treasure card sideboard. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I only had 6 Helping Hands cards! What happened to the other 14? My deck only allows me to carry six regular (non-treasure) helping hands cards, but I've always been able to carry over 50 of the treasure variety Helping Hands with no issues.
Has something changed in the rules of making treasure cards that I'm not aware of or is this a glitch? Anyways, I'm not too happy with having lost 700 gold I spent on the 14 lost Keen Eyes cards. :x

Any one else have this problem?

Survivor
May 10, 2010
Phulavit wrote:
Hello-
I had a curious problem today while making Helping Hands treasure cards using Keen Eyes. I purchased 20 Keen Eyes cards at the library and then headed down to my favorite spot in Unicorn Way. I proceded to make all 20 cards, discarding them from my hand as I went.
When I finished making all 20 I went to my inventory to add them to my treasure card sideboard. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I only had 6 Helping Hands cards! What happened to the other 14? My deck only allows me to carry six regular (non-treasure) helping hands cards, but I've always been able to carry over 50 of the treasure variety Helping Hands with no issues.
Has something changed in the rules of making treasure cards that I'm not aware of or is this a glitch? Anyways, I'm not too happy with having lost 700 gold I spent on the 14 lost Keen Eyes cards. :x

Any one else have this problem?

Erm... It's Pretty common sense when you Discard Treasure Cards. As Diego says, Once you use a Treasure Card, it's gone. Think of Discarding as using them...

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Discarding is not use so they should not be gone from your reserves. However you only have 6 helping hands cards to add the keen eyes to at least in one battle right? Also they could be sitting in the sideboard already as they would replace the keen eyes cards you used to make them. If your sideboard is empty then you have an issue.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Update: Today when I logged on, it showed all twenty cards. I don't know if there is some mischevious elf playing games on me or if it was a temporary glitch, but the problem has resolved itself and I'm back to the arena!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
The same thing happened to me, but a little different, I was shopping for treasure cards at the Bazaar, I bought three minotaurs and one kraken, and when I looked in my deck, I had zero minotaurs, zero krakens, five tritons which I couldn't put in my deck, and three Ra's which I couldn't put in my deck.

Blaine Ghostbreath, Level 30 Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
I have seen this as well.

Prior to the update, I could purchase a number of card-to-treasure card enchantments, load my sideboard up with them, then convert them all to treasure cards I could use later whether I discarded them or left them in my hand.

Now, after using enchant treasure cards during a combat, I check the treasure card screen in Decks, and I will have four enchanted treasure cards in my sideboard. I remove them from the sideboard to go back into my regular treasure card stock. The counter increases appropriately.

When I next look at Decks->Treasure cards, usually after the next combat, the count of treasure cards available to add to decks has been reduced by the number I last moved from my sideboard to the treasure card pile.

I think I noticed another change since the update. Before, when I purchased treasure cards from a vendor, I was limited to 55 of a particular card. Post-update, I was able to purchase more than 55, but now experience the above problem.

After changing areas, or quitting and logging back in, the enchanted treasure cards do reappear (Thanks for the tip, Phulavit).

The treasure card screen also seems to leave the left/right arrows for paging through cards available until it fails to find more cards to the left. So I can be on the first page of treasure cards... the left arrow is available, and clicking the left arrow just grays out the arrow button (as it should have been in the first place).