Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Pet Not working or has been changed.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Yesterday my pet was healing 310 every round- now today with the same gear that Ihad on yesterday- it is only healing 208.. I am so confused by this and am not even sure what it is supposed to be healing.. I have the newest highest incoming healing possible on the game currently..

I have read all updates and see nothing about them changing the spritely pet casted spell- but clearly something has changed since yesterday--

Can anyone help - the pet is doing 102 less healing each round now.. Thanks.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
jakehjk3 wrote:
Yesterday my pet was healing 310 every round- now today with the same gear that Ihad on yesterday- it is only healing 208.. I am so confused by this and am not even sure what it is supposed to be healing.. I have the newest highest incoming healing possible on the game currently.. I have read all updates and see nothing about them changing the spritely pet casted spell- but clearly something has changed since yesterday-- Can anyone help - the pet is doing 102 less healing each round now.. Thanks.
see colagada's reply on 05/18/2011 to the post 'healing over time changed?' that was posted in the halston's laboratory section. the sprite was healing more than it was supposed to before. it's back to normal now.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
Yesterday my pet was healing 310 every round- now today with the same gear that Ihad on yesterday- it is only healing 208.. I am so confused by this and am not even sure what it is supposed to be healing.. I have the newest highest incoming healing possible on the game currently..

I have read all updates and see nothing about them changing the spritely pet casted spell- but clearly something has changed since yesterday--

Can anyone help - the pet is doing 102 less healing each round now.. Thanks.

They fixed a bug that was previously giving too much healing (all heal over time spells, not just pet spritely). Now, you should be receiving the correct amount spritely heals for.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Yes they fixed a bug but they have also changed the (not bugged) talent too.

Imho they shouldn't have. I've spent tons of time and gold hatching hoping to finally get that talent& finally hatched a pet with it last month. Yay right? No. In the last update they decided to make spritely a rare cast. They said "occur less frequently." But I've gone through battle after battle since the update with my hard earned spritely pet doing nothing. What gives KingsIsle?

Did someone complain & now we all have to suffer?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Maya Goldenheart wrote:

Imho they shouldn't have. I've spent tons of time and gold hatching hoping to finally get that talent& finally hatched a pet with it last month. Yay right? No. In the last update they decided to make spritely a rare cast. They said "occur less frequently." But I've gone through battle after battle since the update with my hard earned spritely pet doing nothing. What gives KingsIsle?

They switched it back on May 10, 2011. It was in the Test Realm Forum in a post from Professor Greyrose. I have reread the most current Update Notes and there is no mention of Spritely being changed.

My pet with Spritely is very erratic.
Megan

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Maya Goldenheart wrote:
Yes they fixed a bug but they have also changed the (not bugged) talent too. Imho they shouldn't have. I've spent tons of time and gold hatching hoping to finally get that talent& finally hatched a pet with it last month. Yay right? No. In the last update they decided to make spritely a rare cast. They said "occur less frequently." But I've gone through battle after battle since the update with my hard earned spritely pet doing nothing. What gives KingsIsle? Did someone complain & now we all have to suffer?
actually, KI stated, after numerous people complaining about them changing it in the test realm, that they were not going to reduce it. you may have just been unlucky, because i was in wintertusk the other night with a guy who's spritely pet went off 5 times in one battle. so i believe they were true to their word that they kept it the way it was in the live realm. -eli and crew

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Maya Goldenheart wrote:

I haven't noticed that the frequency has changed much for me... I played last night - a couple boss battles, my spritely stormzilla didn't heal. Then on a regular collecting battle, there were 3 of us wizards and our pets kept healing - like 3 times each - and I was in full health - lol. Throughout the evening, my zilla healed me at least once about every third fight... so that's random to me...

I haven't checked my other spritely pets on my other wizards since I've been working on my storm.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
There was quite a stir over a change to Spritely in the test realm. The cast cost a pip AND cast less frequently in the test realm. Wizards were not happy.

KI addressed the issue of the pip cost AND promised that the cast rate would not be changed in the WT release.

Personally, I think the development team was curious as to what we would think of one or both of these changes before the WT release. Since there was such a hue and cry over it, and the accusation that PvP was causing this change, it was not made.

I haven't noticed a reduction in my dog's casting of Spritely, but I have noticed that it takes her a little time to warm up in battles before she will cast. Of course, sometimes she sits nicely by my side while I get stomped to dust in a boss fight

Iridian Shadowweaver

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
No Ethercaos I didn't see that post, clearly, or I wouldn't have made this post lol-

Thanks everyone for the kind answers.. I do look to find the answers on my own and only try to post when I can't find the answers.. And all of you were very helpful Thanks much and happy playing.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I didn't hear about the decision not to change it but I did read it in the list of coming updates (before the last update). I just figured the lack of spritely was due to the update. Others I know & play with have had a drop in their (spritely pet) heal rate too, but if they haven't changed it I guess it's just luck. Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear at least that skill should still be worth hatching for.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
My forest lord just got that gift and I noticed when I put out santuary (can't spell, sorry) she healed me 5 times in a row.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
jakehjk3 wrote:
No Ethercaos I didn't see that post, clearly, or I wouldn't have made this post lol
actually, i didn't know the answer myself. i wasn't trying to ask if you Had read it, i was just referencing where i'd found it so as not to take credit for it. no insult was intended. :) -eli and crew

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
Don't worry. Your pet heals you random amounts every day. I have a spritely pet, and she rarely heals me. Some days they heal more than others. Just look out for those lucky days. I hope this helps.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nothing has changed. They briefly changed spritely in the test realm and quickly change it back.

I just used my fierce hound today and he is as random as ever: sometimes healing 2 or more times in battle, sometimes not at all.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
Maya Goldenheart wrote:

They switched it back on May 10, 2011. It was in the Test Realm Forum in a post from Professor Greyrose. I have reread the most current Update Notes and there is no mention of Spritely being changed.

My pet with Spritely is very erratic.
Megan

Maya, mom2mykidszcrc is correct. KI did consider making the change and did for a very short time in test but then changed it back to the original settings.......many players are like you and did not appreciate the change after all they have gone through to train their pets for spritely.

Apparently, you must have a glitch with your pet. I would suggest sending a ticket to support and ask them to check into it.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I think she's healing right now. It was only for a day or so that she healed different- but now it's back on track. Thank You everyone for the kind and very helpful answers.. You guys are the reason I get the answers I need.. Much appreciated.