Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please expand hidden from friends

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
It's very nice to be able to be invisible to everyone on my friends list

now, please add some expansions:

1. if I'm in the room with someone, even if THEIR friends list is hidden, if I am on it I'd like to be able to trade treasure cards with them without making them unhide

2. I'd like a way to select those people I want to be hidden from and those that I don't want to be hidden from . There are times when I want certain people - for example those I'm in a dungeon with - to see me but do NOT want the rest of the world to see me.

3. Make it possible to set whether the other people in the group I'm in can see me or not if I am in a group. This is different from selecting individually which people can see me and which can't> It would be an a setting that would automatically unhide or hide me if I join a group for the other people IN that group (or any that join a group I'm already in).

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
It's very nice to be able to be invisible to everyone on my friends list now, please add some expansions: 1. if I'm in the room with someone, even if THEIR friends list is hidden, if I am on it I'd like to be able to trade treasure cards with them without making them unhide 2. I'd like a way to select those people I want to be hidden from and those that I don't want to be hidden from . There are times when I want certain people - for example those I'm in a dungeon with - to see me but do NOT want the rest of the world to see me. 3. Make it possible to set whether the other people in the group I'm in can see me or not if I am in a group. This is different from selecting individually which people can see me and which can't> It would be an a setting that would automatically unhide or hide me if I join a group for the other people IN that group (or any that join a group I'm already in).
i would like to see these ideas implemented as well, but after more pressing issues are resolved, such as ones interfering with current gameplay for a good number of us. since this feature was Just added, though, i don't expect it to undergo any drastic changes. great ideas for the future of it, however. -eli and crew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

2. I'd like a way to select those people I want to be hidden from and those that I don't want to be hidden from . There are times when I want certain people - for example those I'm in a dungeon with - to see me but do NOT want the rest of the world to see me.

Crystal,

As a work around for number 2, if you are in a dungeon with wizards you can add them as a group, then switch your list to group only. You should be able to do all the activities you normally do on the friends list, with those in your group (trade, chat, etc). However, if your request is so that only people you are wanting to group with see you and they are not in the same zone/server, that is different.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
kingurz wrote:

Crystal,

As a work around for number 2, if you are in a dungeon with wizards you can add them as a group, then switch your list to group only. You should be able to do all the activities you normally do on the friends list, with those in your group (trade, chat, etc). However, if your request is so that only people you are wanting to group with see you and they are not in the same zone/server, that is different.

I think the OP wishes to be seen by her dungeon group and remain hidden to the rest of her friends. Not the bold idea would work. To use Groups you need to have your friends list on to enable it. It would be interesting to see if you could use group and be hidden. Megan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I think the OP wishes to be seen by her dungeon group and remain hidden to the rest of her friends. Not the bold idea would work. To use Groups you need to have your friends list on to enable it. It would be interesting to see if you could use group and be hidden. Megan

Ah, ok. I wonder if KI could remove that requirement then (having to have friends list enabled to be grouped)?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009

1. if I'm in the room with someone, even if THEIR friends list is hidden, if I am on it I'd like to be able to trade treasure cards with them without making them unhide

3. Make it possible to set whether the other people in the group I'm in can see me or not if I am in a group. This is different from selecting individually which people can see me and which can't> It would be an a setting that would automatically unhide or hide me if I join a group for the other people IN that group (or any that join a group I'm already in).

Yeah, I agree with those ideas. Mostly 2.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011

says some talking to you (some one that can see you) it would look him or her is a noob