Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing over time Changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
My Myth wizard (with some secondary learning in Life) uses Sprite quite frequently. Yesterday, it was healing me immediately for 37 points, and then for 127 for the next three rounds. Today, I still get the 37 immediately, but then the ongoing healing is only 111. (Base amounts, for any who don't know, is 30 immediately and then 90 per round, a.k.a. 270 over 3 rounds.)

I haven't changed equipment; I'm still using the Band of the Last Bulwark (+8% outgoing healing) and Malistaire Drake's Deathedge (+15% incoming healing).

Hmm, doing the math, 90 * 1.08 * 1.15 is 111.78 (or 90 * 1.23 = 110.7 if incoming and outgoing are additive rather than multiplicative) so the 111 I'm getting now seems to be correct. So, what was causing the excess healing I've been seeing previous to today? (It might have been 124; I don't remember the exact last digit, but it was certainly mid-120s.) I'm 98% sure I wasn't wearing any other +Healing equipment.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Yeah, I haven't changed my equiptment either, and mine was healing 104 and then 310 each round and now it's down to 208.. I would like to know what is going on as well...

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
TerionKai wrote:
My Myth wizard (with some secondary learning in Life) uses Sprite quite frequently. Yesterday, it was healing me immediately for 37 points, and then for 127 for the next three rounds. Today, I still get the 37 immediately, but then the ongoing healing is only 111. (Base amounts, for any who don't know, is 30 immediately and then 90 per round, a.k.a. 270 over 3 rounds.)

I haven't changed equipment; I'm still using the Band of the Last Bulwark (+8% outgoing healing) and Malistaire Drake's Deathedge (+15% incoming healing).

Hmm, doing the math, 90 * 1.08 * 1.15 is 111.78 (or 90 * 1.23 = 110.7 if incoming and outgoing are additive rather than multiplicative) so the 111 I'm getting now seems to be correct. So, what was causing the excess healing I've been seeing previous to today? (It might have been 124; I don't remember the exact last digit, but it was certainly mid-120s.) I'm 98% sure I wasn't wearing any other +Healing equipment.

Healing over time is Boosted on Initial appearance of the Timer, and on application of the timer right now. I actually like this.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
After the Wintertusk update, ther was a game-bug that was causing incoming healing to be counted twice. That's where your extra 15% was coming from. They fixed the bug, so now things are back to normal.