Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchery Hybrid Bug

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I hatched my Forest Lord with a Judgement Pet, and ended up getting a Jade Egg with Ominous Scarecrow card, thus making the pet a Crop Watcher... I thought this was supposed to result in an Astral Judge, Life egg with Judge card. That is what the guy hatching with me got.

Professor Greyrose, could you ask around and see if this is really a bug, or if Judgement is supposed to create Out of School hybrids?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
If you want to hatch pets they have different outcomes, like 2 level 48 pets could get the hybrid or something else.
There is a chance percentage to every pet combo like getting level 48 pets are 50%.
If you get a weird pet from your hatchings, just try again later and hope you get it.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Johnist wrote:
I hatched my Forest Lord with a Judgement Pet, and ended up getting a Jade Egg with Ominous Scarecrow card, thus making the pet a Crop Watcher... I thought this was supposed to result in an Astral Judge, Life egg with Judge card. That is what the guy hatching with me got.

Professor Greyrose, could you ask around and see if this is really a bug, or if Judgement is supposed to create Out of School hybrids?
I had the same problem as you. I tried two times and it got me a crop watcher. Turns out that the judgement pet is a "wild card" which means it can get any kind of hybrid. I think it was intended because of the few mixes. Well I hope you will get the pet you want.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I too would like some for sure conformation from wizard 101 that judge is a wild card. i have hatched forest lord with judge and got crop watcher or phoenix and judge and got fire wyvern, while to people who had judge got astral judge or firey judge. I read on a website starsofthespiral.pbworks.com that these should not be happening and to report it so it could be fixed. I did report it and got a response saying they were working hard to fix the problem. But now i am hearing from other players they were told this will not be fixed. So which is it? Is there a problem or is judge just a wild card? I would just like to know for sure either way :D

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I don't know if it's an actual problem or not, but it IS predictable.
When you hatch with judgement, the balance wizard will get some form of judgement and you will get a pet with the appearance of your opposite school pet with your school talents. For example, forest lord + judgement gets you a crop watcher, or "life scarecrow". A phoenix will get you a fire wyvern. This is the way it has worked every time i have hatched with judgement.

For me, the annoying than has been the lack of variety in the judgement pets, hatching with either a phoenix or an ice wyvern gets me a firey judgement every time.

I did hatch an astral judge with a topaz kracken and the result was that we got "each others" pets, I got a topaz kracken and the other person got an astral judge, but my topaz kracken didn't only get myth talents when I trained it.

Everybody complained that hatching 48 pets didn't make hybrids often enough, now, with the 58 pets it seems you get a hybrid every time and people are still complaining because they aren't getting the hybrids they want.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
the last 3 times i have hatched judgement i have not even got an egg..... i got nothing

Administrator
ericp13 wrote:
the last 3 times i have hatched judgement i have not even got an egg..... i got nothing

You have 5 eggs in your bank.

When your backpack is full, new items will go directly in to your bank.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
I have hatched several times with the judgement pet and each time I have gotton a fire wyvern and I have been trying to get a fiery Judge! I have a phoenix and the only two hybrids i need for my lvl 58 pet is the fiery judge and the shadow phoennix but I never get either one why?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I would love it if judgement is a wild card because that means i will never know what i am going to get!!!