Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does she give up?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Today I saw a storm wizard with incredible stats. Congratulations to her. After reviewing her stats I began to think about how all players from all schools give something up to get something great in terms of stats or spells or what have you, in order to be a better player or to have certain advantages. But look at what I saw:

Storm wizard with 35% resist to every school
2,260 health
75% storm attack boost! WHEW!
151 critical rating for storm hits
22% accuracy
And to top it all off, she was a warlord.

So I wonder, if all players have a weakness and give something up. Where would her weakness truly lie in stats like this? By the nature of storm her spells are raw power. And given she is a warlord, lets just assume she does have very good knowledge of how to play and handle herself in a heavy one on one fight.

What does she give up? How can someone match her speed and aggression for someone like life, balance or myth? Surely one would have to rely on spells like monstrous and gargantuan, stuns and dispels. Other than that, hard to see how one could weather the storm against a player like that.

how would you do it? I mean, yeah its indeed possible, but how would you personally do it?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Today I saw a storm wizard with incredible stats. Congratulations to her. After reviewing her stats I began to think about how all players from all schools give something up to get something great in terms of stats or spells or what have you, in order to be a better player or to have certain advantages. But look at what I saw:

2,260 health
22% accuracy

So I wonder, if all players have a weakness and give something up. Where would her weakness truly lie in stats like this? By the nature of storm her spells are raw power. And given she is a warlord, lets just assume she does have very good knowledge of how to play and handle herself in a heavy one on one fight.

What does she give up? How can someone match her speed and aggression for someone like life, balance or myth? Surely one would have to rely on spells like monstrous and gargantuan, stuns and dispels. Other than that, hard to see how one could weather the storm against a player like that.

how would you do it? I mean, yeah its indeed possible, but how would you personally do it?

2260 health is hard to survive on even with resists, and that 22% targeting still means that storm's 70% accuracy cards fail 8% of the time.... if you were to play storm you would learn pretty quickly all that storm gives up, lol

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
CorbinW wrote:

2,260 health
22% accuracy

Im going to try to break it down lol...

Well, being a warlord the resist shouldnt be to hard... Her pet, im not sure what it was but i am assuming it has spell proof for the max 15% and she probably has the cloak(coat of invincibility) for 15% for warlords up or something. That is 30% resist plus maybe a spell defy talent for 5% so thats the 35% resist.

The coat of invincibility gives 9% damage so that means 66 more storm damage needed... Probably the tempest gear which is 41 more damage for 50, plus the blade from briskbreeze for 5 more. Maybe pain giver on the pet for 15(i think) total more attack for 70 damage. I cant figure out the last 5 though, she might be using wintertusk clothing i havent ben on since the update.

Critical is from the 20 critical on hat, 30 from wand. thats 50.

Cloak of invincibility, 6 accuracy. boots, 6 accuracy, hat 9 accuracy thats 21% so thats pretty close.

Health is boots +96 heath, hat 192 health plus athame and ring. ( i cant give you exact cause i am running out of time.

This means that there is one more pet talent, it is for either health, accuracy or damage. With what i have it would be:

? health
70% storm attack boost! WHEW!
50 critical rating for storm hits
21% accuracy
(extra talent for pet)

This is all based on non crafted gear which i think she did have because of the critical. Hope this helped you.

From a Storm legend... Have fun in the spiral!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Some of the people posting have obviously not seen the new stats on all of the new Legendary Gear!

Storm, Life, Death, & Balance, all have over 70% damage boosts!

All schools have over 20+% universal resists!

All schools get their respected critical points!

All schools get critical block points!

It comes down to health, shields, and strategy!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009

What does she give up? How can someone match her speed and aggression for someone like life, balance or myth? Surely one would have to rely on spells like monstrous and gargantuan, stuns and dispels. Other than that, hard to see how one couldweather the storm against a player like that.
lol that was very very funny :D Weather the storm? she is a storm player? LOL But anyway, I guess the way to beat her would be to shield, then hit with a strong card.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Today I saw a storm wizard with incredible stats.

2,260 health
22% accuracy

What does she give up? How can someone match her speed and aggression for someone like life, balance or myth? Surely one would have to rely on spells like monstrous and gargantuan, stuns and dispels. Other than :? that, hard to see how one could weather the storm against a player like that.

attack boost 75%/ storm shield -80%~> you see how a simple shield can bring storm down to base damage? Not only is storm at the low end of the health spectrum it lacks a major tool in pvp, a school specific damage over time spell to deal with shields. I would suggest learning storm shield in the fairgrounds and waiting till the storm wizard starts boosting before you get your shields up.
Her gear was a drop and like gear is available to all schools so I suggest you start farming for it if you want to compete in legendary ranked. I have to say I liked your post because you did not complain about it you asked for help. :-) good luck wizard

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Just played 4v4 PvP on my balance wizard... went last against a team of a team including a couple of these storm wizards a death and a balance. They dispelled everyone, beguiled, and stacked damage reductions all over us to the point where only I was able to do anything. Even with all that, my balance cut throught them like a knife through butter.