Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

vault of ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
I'm standing outside the vault of ice and can't get inside...I have an arrow that led me here but I can't even go in...what do I do?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Aponi777 wrote:
I'm standing outside the vault of ice and can't get inside...I have an arrow that led me here but I can't even go in...what do I do?

See if these threads help with your question...

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/15175.ftl#91526

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/19822.ftl#101702

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/32929.ftl#182438

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You need the quest "Find the Fang" to get in for the first time. Shalek the Wise gives that to you.

If you don't have this quest, then you haven't finished storyline quests elsewhere.

If you do have the quest, and the sigils aren't lit up for you, send in a ticket to Support.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Aponi777 wrote:
what do your quest notes tell you to do? the more information you can give, like the quest name, who gave it, etc the better people can help you. also, when you get as far as you can go following the arrow, where does the map say you are?

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
You need to defeat the 3 sub bosses in the area and solve their riddles before you unlock the vault of ice and it allows you to enter. Look on your map for the 3 boss locations. After you beat each boss you will get a message that reads "you hear a lock break".

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Aponi777 wrote:

Go to shalek the wise, or file a ticket to Kingslisle, or port to a friend once s/he is inside.
Hope i've helped...
Dustin Battlehand: lvl 60 myth
Valerian stormcrafter: lvl 35 storm
Lemme know if you cant find any friends, i'd be willing to help you.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Aponi777 wrote:

It sounds like you have the side quest to "get a rubbing from the obelisk in the Vault of Ice".

This happens a lot in the game. You get a quest to go to an area where you don't have access yet. You need to continue to do your other quests and follow the main storyline. Eventually, you will be led to Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall and he will give you a quest to enter the Vault of Ice. Then you can do both quests at the same time.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Did you accept zan'ze's quest? If you did, you must unlock it by doing the main quests.If this is part of a main quest, it is a glitch.

~ Hope this helps!~