Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm's Super Charge card needs to be doubled

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I thought this card was supposed to increase storm's damage, not lower it.

It takes 10 pips at ten percent per pip to get a 100% blade from it. 10 pips is easily another attack for storm which means that they would do way more damage using zero pip blades and making two attacks rather than one than to ever use super charge. It takes 4 pips to equal one no pip 40% blade. In PvP and even in the game, by the time storm uses pips to create their blades they are likely to have run into shielding, weakness, and/or earthquake problems, not to mention that storm is often dead in the process of waiting. This card really needs to be 20% per pip to be useful for storm as 10% per pip does nothing but lower storm's over all damage.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I agree. I have only used the spell once just to try it. It isn't worth giving up the pips to get the blade.
If it was increased to 20 percent per pip I might use it sometimes.
The ONLY place I can think of where it might be useful is the Boss battle at Waterworks.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There are some places that you can not use traps, this is where this blade comes in especially handy!

Think, it's the name of the game, use those brains for something more than figuring out a way to complain!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Even if you can only use blades, it is still not worth it. Do the math. At my level 49 example:

Stormblade - 0 pips
Elemental blade - 1 pip
Triton - 6 pips
7 pips x 2 attack sequences = 14 total pips

Stormblade - 0 pips
Elemental blade - 1 pip
Supercharge - 10 pips
Triton - 6 pips
17 total pips for the same attack damage

Now, it gets more interesting with Leviathon and added 1-pip bonuses. With Leviathon and Windstorm added to the attack, the pip count is a wash. If you want to use an Elemental blade treasure card each time as well, then Supercharge actually becomes cheaper in pip cost.

Of course, staying alive while setting all that up is the key. I haven't played any PVP, but my guess is that this would be a recipe for disaster.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I suppose that is one way to look at it.

I look at it like this:

Supercharge is there to make one single attack important. Not several.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
seasnake wrote:

It takes 10 pips at ten percent per pip to get a 100% blade from it. 10 pips is easily another attack for storm which means that they would do way more damage using zero pip blades and making two attacks rather than one than to ever use super charge. It takes 4 pips to equal one no pip 40% blade. In PvP and even in the game, by the time storm uses pips to create their blades they are likely to have run into shielding, weakness, and/or earthquake problems, not to mention that storm is often dead in the process of waiting. This card really needs to be 20% per pip to be useful for storm as 10% per pip does nothing but lower storm's over all damage.

I believe this blade is not completely useless. If you get a 140%+ Blade, and add a Gargantuan to your Levi, and get a critical on a Myth enemy (i.e., you prismed a Storm enemy) then boom! You just got a one hit kill on a rank 12 boss with 10,000 health.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Regular should be 15% and Treasure should be 20%, not 10% and 12%... That's my opinion on the matter.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have tried the blade many times and would have to agree that it needs to be boosted. It's only value in in its current incarnation is to build up a massive charge in a major boss fight while your friends absorb damages until it's ready to unleash.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Ya i like insane bolt a ton but dont find much use for this spell other than trying to max out a spell even more.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
I agree. you can put one feint (if you trained up to feint) and another treasure card feint and gives you 140% boost for two pips. SUpercharge 140% takes 7 turns and you should have full power pips. So yea, I don't use it cause it's a waste of time. I only use it in waterworks first boss, other than that, it never is put on my deck

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
can i still get super charge even though im level 49 i realy need to know and also where do you get insane bolt

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
are you kidding me? storm is over powered it doesnt need more stuff.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Elwood011 wrote:
Even if you can only use blades, it is still not worth it. Do the math. At my level 49 example:

Stormblade - 0 pips
Elemental blade - 1 pip
Triton - 6 pips
7 pips x 2 attack sequences = 14 total pips

Stormblade - 0 pips
Elemental blade - 1 pip
Supercharge - 10 pips
Triton - 6 pips
17 total pips for the same attack damage

Now, it gets more interesting with Leviathon and added 1-pip bonuses. With Leviathon and Windstorm added to the attack, the pip count is a wash. If you want to use an Elemental blade treasure card each time as well, then Supercharge actually becomes cheaper in pip cost.

Of course, staying alive while setting all that up is the key. I haven't played any PVP, but my guess is that this would be a recipe for disaster.
You will not do the same damage if you have a 100% blade

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
lonewolfshifter wrote:
I agree. you can put one feint (if you trained up to feint) and another treasure card feint and gives you 140% boost for two pips. SUpercharge 140% takes 7 turns and you should have full power pips. So yea, I don't use it cause it's a waste of time. I only use it in waterworks first boss, other than that, it never is put on my deck

Yes, but a trained up Feint requires seven Training Points and a treasure Feint requires continuously supply of gold to upkeep. If you already employ that strategy, then yes, Supercharge is not really helping you (unless you encounter a non-trappable boss). But for the Storm wizards that didn't go the death path, they get 140% extra damage and seven training points to spend in other spells. They are also not taking an extra 65% damage to self either.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:
I agree. I have only used the spell once just to try it. It isn't worth giving up the pips to get the blade.
If it was increased to 20 percent per pip I might use it sometimes.
The ONLY place I can think of where it might be useful is the Boss battle at Waterworks.

Yes thats the only place i use it.

Yeah i agree double it, but lock it at 6-8 pips or something.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I like it tbh.

Do some math for me. 60% blade, elemental blade (35%) and a storm blade (30%) with a 3 pip tempest with a gargantuan (465hp) with a 84% attack boost.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Everyone that storm says they like it but the thing is, you guys dont know how unbalanced that is. Storm is already the most OP school in the game, sooo there is already a huge imbalance between schools and doing this would only further it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
seasnake wrote:

it does.

A lot

I wait till i have full power pips and dump them all into a super charge then set a normal storm blade as well and an elemental blade.

We took out the squid boss with one hit with supercharge the other day. and yes, he WAS at full life.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
seasnake wrote:

i dont think so. this spell alreay is a problem for some wizards. after all some storm wiz are good pvp fighters. doubling supercharge would be devastating when fighting other wiz. besides if you double supercharge the other school spells would have to be changed to

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Defender
May 11, 2009
You guys are joking right?. you cant be serious, that spell is amazing, and with all pips you can get a major boost, if you storm dont like it why dont you pass it over to fire here, we wouldnt complain. Plus if you save some pips for tempest it could take out 4 enemies easily. Be happy for what you have, sure i am not thrilled about the new power link but hey its better then the old one.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
random1self wrote:
I like it tbh.

Do some math for me. 60% blade, elemental blade (35%) and a storm blade (30%) with a 3 pip tempest with a gargantuan (465hp) with a 84% attack boost.

1.84 x 1.6 x 1.35 x 1.3 = 5.16672 x 465 = about 2402 damage to all enemies for 10 total pips or typically on the 5th round from the start of the match assuming a decent amount power pippiness.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I think its fine just the way it is and I am a legendary storm myself! If you have all 7 power pips, it'll be 140% boost the the next storm attack, and I got a treasure card of it and says 12% per pip so if you have all 7 power pips from that treasure card of supercharge, that's 165% to next storm attack. How I know? I did that when I was maxing out leviathan, but that's not all I used, I used some other blades, but that's not the subject! Supercharge should stay how it is, doubling it would lead to 20% per pip and all 7 power pips would be very wrong, that's 14x.20 (.20 because it's a percentage) would equal (if I'm not wrong) 280% to next storm attack! THAT'S OVER DOING IT! I know storm is all and powerful and all, but that's OVERLOADING with power, way to much power. But on the other hand it can easily knock out a storm shield

If anyone agrees with me respond :D

Lvl 60 storm wizard
Lvl 60 death wizard
Lvl 60 balance wizard
Lvl 22 life wizard
Lvl 13 ice wizard
Lvl 10 fire wizard

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I disagree I think its perfectly fine the way it is. Its not meant for PvP battles. Its meant to kill bosses and other very high health opponents quickly. Thats why storm uses supercharge whenever battling Luska Charmbreak the 21,000 health boss that cheats which are 1 hit k.o'ed by storm :D.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
seasnake wrote:

Wow.

I don't know how you're using it, but it more than doubles my storm's damage.

120% boost if I use full power pips when I set it. That's an incredible boost.

By using it, I can hit for at LEAST 150,000 damage in one shot.