Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Screen is Flashing since Wintertusk went live

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Please fix the screen flashing. I can not see where I'm going and can not play the game. It is causing migraines and seizures.

I have changed screen resolution with no affect to flashing problem.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If the game is causing migraines and seizures, you have a serious medical condition and should stop playing and go see a doctor immediately.

I believe that I've seen the game-issue you describe is a known-issue and that the staff has acknowledged that it exists.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
colagada wrote:
If the game is causing migraines and seizures, you have a serious medical condition and should stop playing and go see a doctor immediately.

I believe that I've seen the game-issue you describe is a known-issue and that the staff has acknowledged that it exists.

Acknowledgement is nice, but fixing this issue would be better. Support was warned that the flashing lights could cause potential medical risks and are still hemming and hawing about fixing this. This is purely irresponsible at this point.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
colagada wrote:

Acknowledgement is nice, but fixing this issue would be better. Support was warned that the flashing lights could cause potential medical risks and are still hemming and hawing about fixing this. This is purely irresponsible at this point.

I don't think KI is ignoring the problem. I am sure that they are working has hard as they can to resolve the problem.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
For me the screen is not only flashing in wintertusk but in places in crab alley and grizzleheim.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
doerrtl wrote:
Please fix the screen flashing. I can not see where I'm going and can not play the game. It is causing migraines and seizures.

I have changed screen resolution with no affect to flashing problem.

I have had this problem too and right when i looked at the flashing lights for more than five minutes i got really really dizzy, so i turned it off and waited an hour, i went to my doctor and he said i was close to having a seizure! the game i love is trying to kill me!

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
This is a common occurrence whenever KI uploads a new world... It gets resolved..

In the meantime... if you have a medical condition such as epilepsy that is triggered by flashing lights, why are you playing video games like these? I don't think it's KI that is irresponsible, I think it's you who are....

Curious what you mean by "support was warned" ... KI doesn't have any responsibility to ensure that it's games don't trigger seizures or migraines...

quote=RavenLady777]
colagada wrote:

Acknowledgement is nice, but fixing this issue would be better. Support was warned that the flashing lights could cause potential medical risks and are still hemming and hawing about fixing this. This is purely irresponsible at this point. </div>
</blockquote>

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sanmil,

You are correct! According to J Todd Coleman's Facebook page, they have a lead on the video card glitch and should have a fix soon. Hooray!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
KI doesn't have any responsibility to ensure that it's games don't trigger seizures or migraines...

Oh yes they do. It's a law, actually. The flash rate of any game, online or otherwise has to be controlled or a warning must be issued. No such warning exists.
Arguing over this point is moot; KI is working on fixing the issue. According to an email I received from support, they seem to have found the problem and are working to correct it. It's from all of us sending reports to support and our postings here.