Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mooshu Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I met someone who wanted help in the village of sorrow. We walked up to the building that "Ting Yin" is in, and he couldn't go in at all! Yes, I did check on the map and it was the right building. I then tried to go in and I couldn't either. The door to the building was dark, and the other guy said that the windows were blue but the door was dark.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
is there an ETA to fix this? If it was a side quest, that would be one thing. This has me stopped inmy tracks, and I would really like to be able to move on!

Administrator
This should have been addressed with the Saturday morning update - if you are still experiencing this issue - please contact our support department and let them know you are encountering this problem after the Saturday update.

Thanks!

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
May 20, 2010
There was a known issue with this quest. I don't know if the staff has fixed it. Perhaps a moderator will reply.

I believe that Ting Yin, like some other NPCs in the game, can be found in more than one place, and only one (at most) can be interacted with. Does your quest arrow point to the spot you're at and can't enter?

If you found all of the versions of Ting Yin and can't interact with any of them, you should send in another ticket to Support or report back here.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This should have been addressed with the Saturday morning update - if you are still experiencing this issue - please contact our support department and let them know you are encountering this problem after the Saturday update.

Thanks!

The complaint was posted AFTER the update.
Also, there are many other problems still around in Mooshu, especially in the Village of Sorrow. Please let us know when this will be fixed. This is beyond annoying at this point.
I personally have submitted several reports to support on varying issues. This will be another. :(

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Add this to the list...

I'm attempting my quest chain for the triton spell in Mooshu for the THIRD time today. Each time when I get to the part of the four shrines (air, earth, etc.) it bugs, one of the shrines will not activate. This last time it was the air shrine.

I'd put in a support ticket but the last time this happened (in a Marleybone instance quest) by the time they responded I'd managed to finally get the quest to work after a couple of tries. I wrote back to let them know I had finally finished it and what my problems had been to give them some additional info for debugging.

Their response "according to our records you have completed this quest". Really Sherlock Bones, ya think, what clued you in (besides the email you apparently didn't read)?

As things stand when my membership expires first part of next month I will not be renewing. This game has too many unresolved bugs.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Padric725 wrote:
Add this to the list...

I'm attempting my quest chain for the triton spell in Mooshu for the THIRD time today. Each time when I get to the part of the four shrines (air, earth, etc.) it bugs, one of the shrines will not activate. This last time it was the air shrine.

The shrine problem has been posted at least 50 times. I've answered it at least 20 times. You MUST activate the Earth Shrine first, or the quest may bug.

Here is a copy of one of my many earlier answers:

The Earth Shrine is the one on the left (northwest) of the four dojos, closest to the river; it's the one you go straight down the path to get to (if you turned left, you'd head to the other three shrines). A Plaguemaster and Water Elemental are inside. After defeating them, you can walk up to the shrine, which is in the back. An interactive menu will appear. If you're at the right shrine, "Earth Shrine" will appear in the menu. If so, activate it and move on. If you still managed to find the wrong (not the Earth) shrine, DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. Leave the dojo and find the correct one. The dojo enemes don't respawn as long as you stay in the dungeon.

If no menu appears at the shrine, and you're at the correct dojo (the one closest to the river), then you've already activated the Air Shrine, and the quest is bugged. To reset the instance, simply exit it. You'll get a warning. Click "OK" to leave, then reenter it. You won't need to wait 90 minutes. If you teleported out, you can reenter the instance, then leave it, then reenter it to reset it.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Update on the above quest problem. I did eventually finish the quests after four tries. The bug seemed to be related to being defeated during the shrine portion of the quest or the end part where you have to fight two boss fights back to back. If defeated during this, you have to re-enter the instance but apparently it doesn't always correctly track what part you successfully completed. I found it was best to re-enter and then exit forcing it to reset and then start over until I completed it with no defeats.

This might have been the cause of the bug I also experienced in Katzenstein's Lab due to a defeat there during that instance.