Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Recommended Changes for the New Spells

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
With all these new spells, there are a few changes that can / should be made...

Dark Pact - This spell needs to be made to much like Empower be unable to Crit Self.

Frozen Armor - This spell would actually be run if the caster could play it on Allys and not just Self Only.

Elemental / Spirit Defuse - These spells should be a cost of 3 or 4 pips. 5 Pips makes them a joke at best.

Brilliant Light - This should be 1 Pip for 30% or left at 2 Pips, but the Charm increased to 40% each.

Those are just things I and my friends have noticed.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Dark Pact - This spell needs to be made to much like Empower be unable to Crit Self.

I saw someone use this. They ended up using all their blades and going critical. It didn't end well.

Frozen Armor - This spell would actually be run if the caster could play it on Allys and not just Self Only.

If the first one can be put on allies, it would make more sense.

Elemental / Spirit Defuse - These spells should be a cost of 3 or 4 pips. 5 Pips makes them a joke at best.

So true! I do have a couple of each in my deck and I do usually have 100% pip chance, but 5 pips is ridiculous for a non-attack spell and a joke for non-Sorcerers. I laughed when I saw that there is actually amulets for these spells.

Brilliant Light - This should be 1 Pip for 30% or left at 2 Pips, but the Charm increased to 40% each.

To be honest, I don't like this spell at all. It makes no sense and can only be used in certain situations.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:

Hiya Logan!

didn't know you were on the message boards. I think i have posted the same comments in a feedback friday or when the test realm was up; can't remember where.

First off the spell defuse card for balance is impractical at 5 pips. That will usually to 3 power pips. A gargantuan on judge, spectral blast, hydra, or sandstorm would be a better strategic move than using that spell. There is no reason this spell can benefit you in any given situation unless you get elucidite and cut it down to 3 pips. I really don't think any balance wizard will use this spell.

dark pack really shouldn't critical self like you said. if they updated empower not to critical on the caster, how could they have overlooked Dark pack being able to critical?

As for frozen armor; Ice really do not need this spell, whether to put on friend or self. I never used the other one so don't see myself using thiso ne either. They should have upgraded blizzard or frost bite.

Brilliant light, isn't that a 1 pip spell for a 40% heal boost to all? i don't see anything wrong with that.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Hiya Logan!

didn't know you were on the message boards. I think i have posted the same comments in a feedback friday or when the test realm was up; can't remember where.

First off the spell defuse card for balance is impractical at 5 pips. That will usually to 3 power pips. A gargantuan on judge, spectral blast, hydra, or sandstorm would be a better strategic move than using that spell. There is no reason this spell can benefit you in any given situation unless you get elucidite and cut it down to 3 pips. I really don't think any balance wizard will use this spell.

dark pack really shouldn't critical self like you said. if they updated empower not to critical on the caster, how could they have overlooked Dark pack being able to critical?

As for frozen armor; Ice really do not need this spell, whether to put on friend or self. I never used the other one so don't see myself using thiso ne either. They should have upgraded blizzard or frost bite.

Brilliant light, isn't that a 1 pip spell for a 40% heal boost to all? i don't see anything wrong with that.

As it sits right now, Brilliant Light is 1 POWER PIP (2 Pips) for a 30% boost to All. I wouldn't be complaining about it if it was 1 pip for 40% to all, that would be fantastic.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Oh i don't have a life wiz so idk. I could of sworn it was 1 pip on test lol. a 2 pip blade, wow, seriosuly?!

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010

I completely agree. As a Legendary sorcerer, my power pip is over 100%. so to cast this spell costs 3 power pips? I would rather cast a gargantuan judgment or hydra then cast a dispel magic. And, because of the high pip cost, this spell is only useful against bosses; otherwise I would just cast one of the aforementioned spells to just kill the enemy.

Furthermore, most enemies have only one school (same as the creator type) to which they cast the big damage spells from. Therefore 2/3 of this spell are a waste. It would be cheaper and more effective to just buy dispel treasure cards and adjust your deck before the fight.

Considering the fewest number of spells boost balance, I would have preferred another Blade or Trap (or perhaps both in one spell).