Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wintertusk was a waste of my time and money

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Well, the items you get as drops through the entire area are very good, and there are the new amulets that give health, i dont find it a complete waste, and in Nastrond it was cool to see a giant ice titan

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Gosh kaylona,

The majority of players who have completed Wintertusk would disagree with you on this assessment. What causes you to have such a negative view of such a beautiful place and story?

Hope you'll change your mind,

Scarlet/Iridian

Armiger
May 10, 2010
What, are you upset because the level cap was not raised? Didn't like the fact that you have something new and fun to do? Didn't like getting new gear, new spells, and new pets?

What would make you happy? A new life?

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
Yes, you say its a waste of your time ON YOUR LEGENDARY. Wintertusk can be accessed as soon as you finish Ravenscar. That can be around level 41. Have you seen how much XP it gives you? A lot. Actually, a ton. If you stick to Wintertusk, Dragonspyre side quests will be no more, and finishing DS at above level 48 will practically be guaranteed. Wintertusk is a wonderful help to wizards finishing end game.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kaylona wrote:
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .

sounds like you ported into a couple places, maybe fought a few enemies, got soundly trounced and gave up.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I have nothing but Legendary wizards and I had a great time in Wintertusk. True, the level cap is annoying, but the storyline was interesting and the art was great. The popularity made for frequent grouping, which I liked a lot and the equipment there sold really well.

At the very least, the level 56 crafted gear found there is definately worth it! I have my legendarys decked out in the stuff now.

It seems to me you do not have a very good reason to be so upset. KI gives soooo much exp per quest, that when they do raise the limit with a new area, it will not be hard to max out once again.

Relax and enjoy the offering.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
kaylona wrote:
How is it a waste of time? you get good pets and new spells and cool new gear and you get to go to a new and cool looking place and you're complaining?

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
It's not about the XP or rewards. It's about doing quests and experiencing the fun of the new world and revealing secrets of the Spiral.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
please don't post things like this. It really breaks my heart that people would denounce KI's hard work like this. I am sorry that you didn't like the world, but please don't tell me about it, i get very sad when I see things like this.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
pretty sure i could get another 5 levels out of wintertusk if it was possible, and another too out of celestia quests i havent finished. Lvel cap should have went up 5 levels. KingsIle wouldnt have had to create new spells at all if they did. There are no laws saying the level cap had to go up 10 levels.The extra life out of the 5 levels would have been enough for me to want to complete it on all my wizards. and instead of new level 56 gear mabe new level 62 gear.
I am dissapointed.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am in total agreement with the others. I am finding WT very challenging and fun. The drops are great. I haven't finished to get my pet, but I think that is something worth wild to look forward to and worth the effort to finish it.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the area and that you must take such drastic measures. I am enjoying it and I think this is one of the best areas that KI has designed with the except of all the bugs.

There is an old wives tale that goes, " You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." I guess you are one of the later.

Take care in whatever adventures you decide to persue.

Community Leader
I have already put 2 level 60's and one 58 which is now 60 Through Wintertusk. Wintertusk is a very beautiful add on to Grizzlehiem, storyline is fun and exciting and Grandmother Raven well just perfect. You also get a new pet , Yay! New spells , awesome :-) Let's not even talk about the gear and gold earned. I even got a bunch of new higher rank pet snacks.

In most cases with new wizards coming to Wizard101 they would enter Ravenscar at level 40 so most would enter Wintertusk around 45-50 .

What I am saying is I would play Wizard101 if there was never another level increase, its the storyline and pure fun that keeps me playing. I cannot wait for upcoming additions to Wizard101.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
I also agree it was a waste.

I am a level 60 balance and have all crafted clothe from CL, and didn't like any of the new drops in wintertusk. I ran through this place in two days with very very very little help, I did it all alone until the last dungeon, and like stated above, I got nothing for it, but my new pet.

I would like to be grandfathered into level 70 for my troubles.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
kaylona wrote:
dude, lighten up, the rewards are good for level 50's and up and if your level 60 then just have fun with it, and that thing you said about renewing you subscription, well when your in your living room watching TV and the advertisement for a new world on wizard 101 comes on you will just jump right out of your seat and get on the computer because that is what i did when i found out that wintertusk is live :-D

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
this was just a add on for GH no one said it was a full world
and the drops in there are great for farming better then CL

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:
I have already put 2 level 60's and one 58 which is now 60 Through Wintertusk. Wintertusk is a very beautiful add on to Grizzlehiem, storyline is fun and exciting and Grandmother Raven well just perfect. You also get a new pet , Yay! New spells , awesome :-) Let's not even talk about the gear and gold earned. I even got a bunch of new higher rank pet snacks.

In most cases with new wizards coming to Wizard101 they would enter Ravenscar at level 40 so most would enter Wintertusk around 45-50 .

What I am saying is I would play Wizard101 if there was never another level increase, its the storyline and pure fun that keeps me playing. I cannot wait for upcoming additions to Wizard101.

well said :-)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
I hope this posts before my last reply....my little wizard was also looking @ the message boards,changed the forum on me ( LOL) and I subsequently replied to this Wintertusk post thinking I was posting to a waterworks post- hence the reference to octopus- so please before I start getting a multitude of replies pointing out this mistake- I already know ;).
I do though stand by my opinion that there are some in here that are pretty harsh in their replies to some who might be children just stating their opinions. Hurt feelings should not be a part of this forum.

HD LEVEL 60 FIRE

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60

How is this a waste of your money? By what you posted below, you already have a subscription, so you didn't have to pay anything extra at all to access Wintertusk.

You may feel that it is a waste of your time. That's fine. But do keep in mind that 1) this is just a game (already a time-waster according to some folks! ;) ); and 2) Wintertusk is an optional side world. You don't have to do one single thing there if you don't want to or don't enjoy it.

you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell

Let me get this straight: you had no clue that a maxed out Legendary would not get any additional experience points? You fought your way through all five areas of Wintertusk before realizing you weren't getting any experience points? If XP was so important to you, I would think you'd have noticed how much you were (not) getting right away. Furthermore, since Wintertusk is OPTIONAL, you didn't need to do one single thing there. Don't like it? Don't bother doing the quests.

and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already

No, it's not at all unfair. As a Legendary, you've gotten the maximum level of experience allowed at the moment, so why do you think you're entitled to more? Wintertusk is an optional side world. You don't have to do any of the quests there. If getting experience is so important to you, then wait until KI raises the level cap with the next world release, and do Wintertusk then. Again, this is a pretty easy solution that anyone with common sense should be able to think of.

and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth

Sigh. Do you really think they're going to hand you what you want just because you've threatened to stop your subscription? They have 15 million other customers---they won't miss you. Sorry, but that's just reality.

But just to show you that KI more than thought of high level players, these are just some of the benefits that Legendary wizards gained from Wintertusk release:

* New spells at levels 35 & 55 (retroactive, in the case of Legendaries, but these are new spells nonetheless).
* New pets.
* A whole new dungeon with new challenges.
* Plus Wintertusk's final dungeon was brutally difficult for my Legendary storm.
* New high-level gear that contains various cards and different combinations of stats. This gives Grandmaster wizards a lot more variety in how they boost their strengths and defenses.
* For any wizard level 45 and up, massive experience that they can use rather than fighting through Celestia. It's lovely to have an option now for my grandmaster---either Celestia or Wintertusk!

I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels

And I completely disagree with you. See the list above. Aside from experience points, very high level wizards are the ones who benefitted the most from this update.

*edited by Professor Greyrose*
Paragraph removed. Personal attacks may result in a ban from posting on the message boards.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I don't see why you feel cheated, either. all the new equipment gives numerous new ways to customize your wizard(s) in really cool ways. if this is a level cap thing, KI posted numerous times- in response to members wondering if there would be a level cap increase- and made it quite Blazingly clear that wintertusk would Not come with a raised level cap. there was no suprise in that to warrant a ripped- off feeling. i love the place for both my legendary and grandmaster. plus my others now have a reason to finish grizzleheim. -eli and crew

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
i dont think it is a waste of time or money but i am bored. i dont listen to the music and i usually skim the dialog. i have other legends asking me for help i am not sure why having the storm lord, viking dude, dragon, scarecrow, and the horus guy. it should be a breeze. to me its pretty easy
and i do realize that your meant to get it at like lvl 47 or so. i dont know maybe i needed a bit more challenge lol drops are good for selling but i find that my crafted clothes are better no biggie since it took forever to craft. have not receved te pet yet when exactly do you get it? i probably wont get a sub for my other wizards to do just this world. was kinda hoping this world would be better than celestia *shrug*

rowan lifewraith- life lvl60
michelle soulthief- death lvl 60
michelle - fire lvl 60
michelle - ice lvl 10
kathrine - storm lvl 10

dont remember the last names on the last three lol been a while.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
How is it a waste? If you're a Legendary, or at least finished with everything besides WT, you should be GLAD. Way more XP than Grizzleheim, AMAZING gear, something for us Legendary wizards can do, and a great regeant hunting place. Who could ask for more??

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Dang, the drops alone make Wintertusk worthwhile. All of my (6) wizards have full coffers, backpacks, banks, and shared bank. Wealth and gear o'plenty from which to choose stats and style. PLUS, Forest Lord looks awesome in Wintertusk.

I love Wintertusk!

Iridian/Scarlet/Moira

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Gosh kaylona,

The majority of players who have completed Wintertusk would disagree with you on this assessment. What causes you to have such a negative view of such a beautiful place and story?

Hope you'll change your mind,

Scarlet/Iridian

yeah wizard 101 isnt just about leveling up its about having something to do

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
no it is not a waste . i mean come on it gives better clothes for your wizard makes you powerful. that is where i disagree. but still it would be alot better for a higher level cap ;)