Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase Gold Cap.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2009
I think along with WT, should come an increase of the gold cap. with all this new gear it is very easy to get to the current cap of 200k, so i think KI should increase it. anyone else think so?

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
It was easy to get 200k farming in Celestia. I would like to be able to get more then that because it costs 50k to hatch pets and it's really just a pain to not be able to farm all at once and have to go back several thousand times because of the low cap. Why isn't it 999,999 like most games? I never did understand why the cap was so low in the first place. :/

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
I think along with WT, should come an increase of the gold cap. with all this new gear it is very easy to get to the current cap of 200k, so i think KI should increase it. anyone else think so?

I agree with that. I mean, 200K is pretty small for everyday hatchers.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I do. I've hit the gold cap multiple times in the two days it took me to do Wintertusk.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I do. I've hit the gold cap multiple times in the two days it took me to do Wintertusk.

I agree too. I don't know the reason for the original cap, but that reason is long been invalid. The cap needs to be raised as high as possible. Keeping people at a low cap isn't going to keep them from getting the money, amazing a fortune, being able to make stuff or anything else. it just means that people get frustrated having to do projects in small steps instead of all at once. And that is NOT a good way to design any game.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The cap was put there back in the days when it wasn't so easy to get 200k. Now that it is, it would be a good idea to raise the cap, as has been suggested.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Defender
May 11, 2009
I am so glad everyone agrees, now i would just like to hear form a Professor

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps KingsIsle should make the Gold Cap 500,000 Gold.

I agree the gold cap needs to be raised. I wouldn't want to see KI have to redo the database, but the gold needs to go a lot higher. How about the cap being 999,999. There's no valid in game reason to keep a cap on, but there is one for database and programing reasons. 999,999 would keep the database from having to be modified very much and still raise the cap to a decent level.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
i also agree because you would get experience for no reason which is a waste ::

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
I am so glad everyone agrees, now i would just like to hear form a Professor

That's right. Ms. Greyrose, please respond to this!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps KingsIsle should make the Gold Cap 500,000 Gold.

I agree the gold cap needs to be raised. I wouldn't want to see KI have to redo the database, but the gold needs to go a lot higher. How about the cap being 999,999. There's no valid in game reason to keep a cap on, but there is one for database and programing reasons. 999,999 would keep the database from having to be modified very much and still raise the cap to a decent level.

lets see... A lot of games are coded in Hexidecimals (it's what Game Hackers use to modify their values usually)...
200,000 = 30D40 (Current Limit)
500,000 = 7A120 (My Proposed Limit)
999,999 = F423F (Crystal's Proposed Limit)

Taking this into consideration, I punched up what FFFFF would equal in Hexidecimal to see what the 'Max' Gold ratio could potentially be without recoding too much.
FFFFF = 1,048,575 (Hexidecimal Max Limit for these Digits)

So they could even if they wanted to open the gold cap to a FULL MILLION, however they would then probably need to raise prices, and that would cause F2Ps to whine and cause a huge trouble on fansites where tons of F2Ps hang out.