Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conversion Blades and ... would help a lot

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
A major problem with going last in PvP is that the side that goes first can easily dispel the side that goes last for a loss of pips while the side going first can avoid their being dispelled pip loss. I would like to see dispels removed from PvP play, but I never seem to get enough support on the matter.

A decent compromise is the introduction of conversion blades and a player bubble that makes going first effects such as damage reduction, beguile, and dispels not work on a player when they have such a bubble up. I don't really see any benifit of having beguile in the game though as it is of little to no benifit in actual game play but of large benifit in PvP play. I support the removal of beguile for another death blade which would help bolster death's attacks.

Anyway, conversion blades upon a player would allow players to cast their spells into the other schools while avoiding school specific dispels as long as their conversion blade is on them before the dispel. This then creates a problem that the team that goes first will still know what conversion blade is upon a player, so I suggest making all conversion blades hidden in terms of what they cast as. I almost favor conversion blades to be made random in nature. That is no matter what your school is you get a free school conversion blade spell that randomly converts your cast randomly into any other school attack. Players could recieve their school conversion blade card upon the completion of defeating the ravens right before wintertusk starts.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
seasnake wrote:
A major problem with going last in PvP is that the side that goes first can easily dispel the side that goes last for a loss of pips while the side going first can avoid their being dispelled pip loss. I would like to see dispels removed from PvP play, but I never seem to get enough support on the matter.

starts.

Funny, everyone seems to mention that you lose your pips when you have a dispel on you, but I use dispels all the time and my opponents never lose their pips. The dispel just fizzles their spell, but the opponents still keep their pips, so hmm I dont really see where there is an issue here.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
legomaster01 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

starts.

Funny, everyone seems to mention that you lose your pips when you have a dispel on you, but I use dispels all the time and my opponents never lose their pips. The dispel just fizzles their spell, but the opponents still keep their pips, so hmm I dont really see where there is an issue here.

If this is so, its an update I wasn't aware about. They may have changed this.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Seasnake, dispel is a great addition to the game, both in PvP and in PvE.

There is no way KI is going to take it out of either!

Now, with that fact, you should stop crying about it and become a little unpredictable with your attacks! Especially when you are going second!

Now, I may agree, they should make it to where it is even, like player 1 goes, then player 2 picks a card and goes, instead of both picking a card at same time, that does give player 1 more of an advantage, but it takes time to totally reprogram PvP, so give KI some time to work it out!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
legomaster01 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

starts.

Lego,

If they use a Death Shield on a Death Dispell, then it fizzles, and no pips are lost. You only lose the number of pips that the casting spell card cost to use. Normally using a zero pip card is what anyone will do, if they know the dispell has been cast, but that is not always the case. So this may be what you are seeing when no pips are lost.
In my case, I just lost 7 power Pips on a Judge, as I had already selected the spell when I got hit with the Dispell, the timing was perfect.

Seasnake,

No question about it, something needs to be done in PvP to make it fair when going second. Yes, some can win, but if the player are fairly even, the person going second will most likely lose.
So, I agree, something needs to be done to help compensate for the advantage. Wether that is giving the second person an extra Power Pip, or something else.
Many have stated that you will go first 50% of the time, and then second 50% of the time. I have kept track of this, and that does not seem to be the case. In the last 30 pvp fights, I have only gone first 11 times, not close to the 50% I expected.

Btw, the last thing I want in PvP is another way for Death to boost itself.
The last few battles that I have had with Death have been right down to the wire, where I end up almost dead. One time I had around 11 health left, the other time around 48. That Skeleton Dragon is just awesome when it attacks.

Besides your suggestions, what I think would be a nice adder to the game, is a counter to Earthquake and the new Wintertusk Myth spell where it take the shields, etc off one player. Have a spell that locks your Shields and Boost, for four rounds, and give players a chance.

Joe,