Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunbrand Staff Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
I finished the quest chain given by Sunbrand the Dragon in Dragonspyre. The reward being a staff called 'Lightning Rod', probably because I'm a storm magic user.

But the 'Lightning Rod' deals death damage. That seems wrong to me. I would very much prefer a staff for my own magic school.

Is this an error?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Hi. I will tell you your issue. First off No its not a glitch. It just sounds like you posted this in the wrong categories. Well I guess this could be a suggestion. Point is that on test relam you need to talk to mr.lincon. He gives you free wand. I am life. The wand is death. But did you know. Say the player or monster weaknesses you. Then you have LOADS OF BOOSTS. But can't afford the 25% off. See now if you have a death wand. You can take off that 25% without taking off shields. If you have feint curse or hex. Does it matter is there is 25% on? See there is why you should do this instead.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
Orca wrote:
Hi. I will tell you your issue. First off No its not a glitch. It just sounds like you posted this in the wrong categories. Well I guess this could be a suggestion. Point is that on test relam you need to talk to mr.lincon. He gives you free wand. I am life. The wand is death. But did you know. Say the player or monster weaknesses you. Then you have LOADS OF BOOSTS. But can't afford the 25% off. See now if you have a death wand. You can take off that 25% without taking off shields. If you have feint curse or hex. Does it matter is there is 25% on? See there is why you should do this instead.

I hear what you are saying, I disagree with your strategy, but that that's just a preference thing, both have their strengths.

I prefer a wand of my school because it allows me to break down shields without wasting pips. I'd rather be able to break an 80% defense shield than burn a -25% debuff. Still,I can do both with a storm staff.

None of this explains why a 'lightning rod shoots death magic instead of, y'know, lightning. Plus the staff itself is purple, and is decorated with lightningbolts.

It still fells like a glitch to me

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The solution is to have a wand of your school and a wand not of your school. Switch off depending on whether or not you're fighting mobs that have shields against your school.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
The solution is to have a wand of your school and a wand not of your school. Switch off depending on whether or not you're fighting mobs that have shields against your school.

yes, that's m strategy. i have a page full of wands, and, say i had a staff of rejuvination as a life wand. if i get a better life wand i use that and sell teh staff