Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestial Observatory

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I'm trying to collect the items needed to start crafting the Celestial Observatory House. I'm looking for the Celestian Shields at the moment. On another board it stated that you can only get these by a boss drop (Curuin Charmtooth). I have been fighting this guy for a while now with no results. lol
I just want to make sure this is still the only place to get these shields before I spend more time fighting him...over and over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cyrilla

Cori - Legendary Life
Tara - Legendary Ice

UPDATE: I spent 7 hours yesterday fighting this boss with no result at all. I'm assuming this is not meant to be impossible after spending that much gold on the recipe. I understand and appreciate it being a challenge, but I'll never get any further if I have to spend that many hours on farming for one item with no results. Could someone from KI please let me know if this is really what I'm suppose to be doing.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Cyrilla64 wrote:
I'm trying to collect the items needed to start crafting the Celestial Observatory House. I'm looking for the Celestian Shields at the moment. On another board it stated that you can only get these by a boss drop (Curuin Charmtooth). I have been fighting this guy for a while now with no results. lol
I just want to make sure this is still the only place to get these shields before I spend more time fighting him...over and over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cyrilla

Cori - Legendary Life
Tara - Legendary Ice

UPDATE: I spent 7 hours yesterday fighting this boss with no result at all. I'm assuming this is not meant to be impossible after spending that much gold on the recipe. I understand and appreciate it being a challenge, but I'll never get any further if I have to spend that many hours on farming for one item with no results. Could someone from KI please let me know if this is really what I'm suppose to be doing.

I have to comment on this house, since I'm making it too...what are they thinking? It's insane the amount of materials that go into making it. But even with that aside, level 15+ for the house. Explain the idea of making it level 15 to me? It's no auction / no trade on the house, so you have to make it yourself. Most of the materials cost a fortune to make it, but even if a level 15 got all the materials to make it, there are cards that they can not even pick up since they are level 58+ cards. Even then, if they somehow hacked or something to be able to pick them up, you can't get the recipe to make it unless you are a grandmaster, and you can't be that at level 15. Why not just say "level 58+" and be honest about it? Anyway, can't wait until I get it finished! It looks awesome, <Lie Mode> just like my real home! </Lie Mode> :-P

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
tonym,

Did you actually get he celestian shields as of yet? Seems as though no one is going to answer my question so I'm curious if you got them and if you actually fought this guy until you got them.
I would have thought someone would have answered by now, but oh well.......

Cyrilla

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Well, after many, MANY hours of fighting Charmtooth I got a Celestian Shield!! *does the happy dance* woohoo!
Now I need one more lolol

At least now I know for sure I'm doing it right even if no one confirmed it for me .. ha.

Cyrilla

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah the drop rate for that item is frustrating, but worth it when you craft the observatory, but just a warning when you do, it may seem smaller/different from what you imagined so make sure you want to craft it before do. It seems both smaller and larger than expected for the devoted craft time and reagents needed, my guess is due to the portal levels. The preview function is a wonderful option.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I'm not really worried about the size of it. I'm mainly just crafting it just to say - I crafted it because it is so much to it. I definitely previewed it before I bought the recipe and it was cute I thought. I'm going to also have mostly crafted items on the inside and out. I have my crafted gear as well( well, until I got the drop in Waterworks I was wearing it) and I'll probably craft the house in GZ after this. I'm just very thankful that we have Waterworks and Wintertusk now to get large amounts of gold so I'll have money to actually craft these items lol

I was one of those people, in the beginning, that thought crafting wasn't worth it - was too time consuming, etc etc until I really got into it and now I'm a big promoter of it. I love it. I think that crafting is one of the better features of the game now (even though I was fussing about Charmtooth for days!) lol

Cyrilla

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
I made the house already and you do get the pink shield from Charmtooth it took me over 14 tries to get 3 of the pink shilds. ;)