Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issues with Visual

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I'm in wintertusk and I have a lot of blinding mess on my screen. It is similar to the dark that was common in Ravenwood, but this blinding white and light colors.

Administrator
If you haven't already - please submit a dxdiag that will help us narrow down what is happening specifically for you.

DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Use the Contact Us page at https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus for getting in touch with us.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lferr1983 wrote:
I'm in wintertusk and I have a lot of blinding mess on my screen. It is similar to the dark that was common in Ravenwood, but this blinding white and light colors.

This is an issue that has been going on since they uploaded Wintertusk and all the new items.
I personally have submitted several reports to support, including screen shots the diagnostic log, etc. I have never heard anything back and the problem STILL exists.
It's getting more than annoying at this point.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I have the same problem. There are a few quests in Wintertusk that I can't do at all because I can't see where I'm going and always end up in a battle trying. So, I gave up.

Cyrilla

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I know it is frustrating. I am just as irritated with the problem. There are a few quest I can't do because I can't see, but we need to give KI a chance to figure out what happened and how to fix it.

It isn't as simple as opening up a jar of pickles. The problem was sent to the executive tech support team. They have to review all the data that was submitted and see if they have anything in common. They will also need to go through any coding to see if there is a problem there.

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer and the problem will be resolved.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Wow I though that this was fixed. It may be an issue with needing to update your graphics card. If it turns out that this is the case, then KI needs to post an anouncement on the login screen to notify EVERYBODY. A lot of people have some older computers or stock graphics cards, and this is usually a main problem from that.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
lferr1983 wrote:

I too am having the same issues in all of the new areas that have been recently added (Wintertusk, Crab Alley, and Crown shop). I have tried on two different computers, but have the same issues. Extremely irritating and makes me and my kids not want to play. Please find a fix to this quickly.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
I'm having the same problem in certain areas as well, I submitted a dxdiag report and pictures to support. I'm waiting for reply now

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks everyone for responding. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I submitted my file as Prof. Greyrose requested and am waiting for a reply. I'm sure KI will correct any problems. They always come through.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FleurDeMort wrote:
Wow I though that this was fixed. It may be an issue with needing to update your graphics card. If it turns out that this is the case, then KI needs to post an anouncement on the login screen to notify EVERYBODY. A lot of people have some older computers or stock graphics cards, and this is usually a main problem from that.

And yet the game worked fine before the 'upgrade' with Wintertusk. We don't need a new graphics card, we simply need KI to fix the glitches associated with the new uploads. And there are also those who have new gaming computers that are having the same problem (I've seen several posts like that) so the graphics card is not the problem.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
This problem existed in the test realm too and such, and when i reinstalled the game to see if it would fix this, the game was still loading the Winterbranch monsters, so i took the oportunity to kill them before the game loaded them to where they were all flashy and couldnt see

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Same problem here... It's just been an annoyance in most instances, but there was one mob battle that I had to muddle through without being able to see anything - The enemy, his stats, zip. I have the same problem with Frostbranch, so I haven't attempted him yet.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
same issues with me as well and I have submitted all logs and screen shots to KI. I know it's very annoying but have patience

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Nice to know I'm not alone in this. I'm sure they're working madly to fix it.

K:)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
No, not alone. I have a new dell laptop and there is nothing at all wrong with my gc. I have stopped trying to go there all together. The blinding flashes of light are terrible.

H.D 60 FIRE

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
lferr1983 wrote:

I got the same problem but this time its when ever i'm facing jonas in the northgaurd.

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer