Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI I have a super important question.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
KI, will the experiance gained by level 60 wizards carry over when there is a new level cap?And (i probably should have asked this first) is there going to be a level cap?

Administrator
Just as when the level cap was 50, no new experience was awarded to players who had reached level 50.

When we raised the level cap from 50 to 60, we let our players know very clearly and repeatedly that you will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 50.

After level 60, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 60 is lost.

IF we raise the level cap in the future, you will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 60.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Professor Greyrose....

Can you explain why the level cap was not removed when Wintertusk was launched? Part of the satisfaction of questing is receiving XP... for those of us who completed Celestia and sat around waiting for the next world, this was somewhat of a letdown that it wasn't removed.

Also, can you advise where in the game Wintertusk should technically be started? Grizzleheim does not allow you to enter until level 20, you complete half the area and then are not allowed back until level 40. Now with Wintertusk I wonder where it should fit.

Wintertusk includes battles where critical hits are possible, and critical gear is not available until either level 50 or 52.... does this mean that Wintertusk is meant to be completed after DS?

As it is with the amount of XP available in the game from Unicorn Way to Celestia, not including Grizzleheim and Collosus (which weren't mandatory), there was enough to hit level 60 with no problem. I noticed the XP for quests in Wintertusk and it seems like quite a bit, so why wasn't the level cap removed to level 65 or 70?

Professor Greyrose wrote:
Just as when the level cap was 50, no new experience was awarded to players who had reached level 50.

When we raised the level cap from 50 to 60, we let our players know very clearly and repeatedly that you will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 50.

After level 60, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 60 is lost.

IF we raise the level cap in the future, you will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 60.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I just finished Wintertusk. The gear drops are directed toward the 50's level wizard, and will in nicely between level 50 and level 56 gear in terms of life, power pip chance, accuracy, and critical boost and block. The mobs and bosses are good challenges for the level 50-60 wizard. Based on this information, I expect that Wintertusk is meant as a complimentary world to CL, and will help a great deal with the early and middle areas of CL.

The gear drops are absolutely amazing!

Although I completed Wintertusk the first time with my Legendary Pyromancer, I expect to start there when my Necromancer, Moira, is mostly finished wth DS or begins CL. I can see that such an arrangement will benefit her in the transition to the early areas of CL, especially the Grotto, which is IMHO the most difficult part of the entire game. It'll be great to start CL with more health, critical hit and block, greater pp chance, and good amulets and boots :-)

Did I say that the gear drops are exceptional?

Oh, and the crafting gear is absolutely stellar. although not particularly useful for the wizard who wears level 55 crafted gear, it will be perfect as an alternative for rising wizards.

Did I say that the gear drops and crafted gear are simply amazing?????

Anyway, I digress. Wintertusk shouldn't give XP to level-capped wizards. The gear is awesome enough.

Scarlet Ravensong

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure why this continues to show up in the forums, but KI is not going to increase the level cap, no matter how many people ask. If you search the forums around the time Grizzleheim was released, yes the same requests and expectations that KI should explain why the level cap was not increased are there too. It didn't happen and it won't happen here either.

If it bothers wizards so much that there is no xp, don't play through the content. If you complete Wintertusk or not, will have no bearing on your progress for entry to the next world that continues the story of Celestia. Wintertusk is completely optional, therefore a level cap increase is not needed. If history serves well, the level cap increase will likely occur with the release of the next world (where the enemies actually increase in much more health and strength). And when that release occurs, the next world will have enough xp within it to take wizards from 60 to 70, so you won't need any of the xp from Wintertusk at all (which is very little to begin with).

It hasn't even been a year since the increase to 60 occurred. We will all get to level 200 eventually, let's enjoy the journey first.