Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Now that Wintertusk is out

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Can you people plz stop posting OP posts?
Now that WT is out dont say the following things (results may vary)

Myth
Myth is OP because all they need to do is trap shatter and medusa and they win

Death
Imbulent plague is too strong of a weakness wah

Storm
Insane bolt is not self-destructing like it is supposed to now i am gonna cry about it

Life
Triage took out my 14-pip Heckhound change it wah

Balance

The dispels took out all of my pips on my strongest spell wah

Ice

I believe i dont have to explain this

Fire

Fuel is destroying me on 3v3 with 3 efreets followed by that wah

So plz No Overpowered posts plz

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009

Ice

I believe i dont have to explain this

I don't think it was intentional, but that was a great joke, especially because it's true :D . But yes, people post op posts all the time, and despite the fact that they are fun to read, they really don't serve any point.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
"Storm
Insane bolt is not self-destructing like it is supposed to now i am gonna cry about it"

I've already killed myself five times in a row with it, i'd call that pretty self-destructing and at present there is no way to get enough resistance to keep myself alive from such backfiring.

At this point though, it isn't about one school being more powerful than another as it is trying to figure out what makes things unplayable.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seasnake wrote:
"Storm
Insane bolt is not self-destructing like it is supposed to now i am gonna cry about it"

I've already killed myself five times in a row with it, i'd call that pretty self-destructing and at present there is no way to get enough resistance to keep myself alive from such backfiring.

At this point though, it isn't about one school being more powerful than another as it is trying to figure out what makes things unplayable.

I think that is the point of Insane bolt. You gamble to either deal a lot of damage to the enemy or kill yourself. I am not saying the spell has that many great uses, but I believe the purpose is to kill you. If someone gets the chance to negate the majority of the damage, then great. But all the shields and tricks to survive are probably not worth the time or effort to use that spell in the end. My take is the spell is just like wild bolt. It is a last ditch effort to finish a boss off. It's uses probably get better in group situation (where life can heal you), but we'll see.