Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-13-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and a Friday the 13th at that. Does it mean that something spooky is going to pop out and scare me? Nah, just means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for reporting any issues that you're finding with the most recent update. We've been combing through the forums and reports submitted diligently. Those help us greatly in quickly taking care of anything that slipped through to live, and we've been working like mad to make sure everything is tidied up as soon as possible.

That being said, we'd like to know what is your ONE favorite thing about the new update. Wand Stitching? Wintertusk? The Rockin' Outfit? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
One thing huh? Man there is so much great about it but I guess I'll just go with the crown store update it's great and easy to find what I'm looking for now!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
well i like fact that you can swap your awkward looking wand for something awesome like a ds sword but i can say that a lot of the new wand are actually pretty cool

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
My one favorite thing about the update is that you left spritely alone!

Other than that the ability to use sun school cards to enhance dual purpose cards has to be at the top of the list.

Defender
May 27, 2010
I would say either Waterworks or Wand Stitching. I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM, this was a truly great update, only one thing brought it down,
Professor Falmea if I may ask why was Ices Resist brought down? it needs it more now due to everyone getting high attack power and global resist, a few complaints shouldn't have made you change this

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I love the new wand stitching! I've been wanting to do that for many months, so I'm very thankful to see that capability put into the game. Great job!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

That being said, we'd like to know what is your ONE favorite thing about the new update. Wand Stitching? Wintertusk? The Rockin' Outfit? We want to know!

Wand stitching. I'm still exploring all the new stuff but being able to stitch my wand is something I've wanted for a very long time.

now if you could just add extra animations for when casting with the different types of wands so every attack didn't look the same. maybe 5 or 6 different types of sword attacks, 5 or 6 different types of staff attacks, 5 or 6 wand animations...

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Only one?

Allowing health drain spells and nova to be enchanted with sun school damage boosts.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
It's very difficult to pick just one thing, so I think I'm going to have to go with the type of spells that were added. I very much enjoy more utility spells as opposed to the big damage kinds of spells.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
One favorite thing about the update:

Talos has me going WOW!

It's spell set is very interesting and useful. I love the power of its natural attack and its accuracy not being reduced to 75%

This is definitely a minion that will be threatening to my opponents.

The only real issue I am having with talos is how it just looks like a brown ice colossus. I expected something a little more unique in design than that.

Haven't had the chance to see all of the spells yet as I sneaked a peek by buying talos in the bazaar as a treasure. But so far, everything this minion did has me in love with my new gigantic puppet. Thank you! =)

Defender
May 21, 2009
My favorite part of the update is Wintertusk itself. Today I made it to Wintertusk (finally) & it was the first time in a while where I could put the game down. Wintertusk is very sucessful in my mind.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Being a Level 30 Fire wizard, my favorite thing is the update to the Link spell. The extra shield busting effect is extremely helpful, especially when i have 10 pips of buffed out Heckhound circling a guy (in PvP), and he thinks his shield will protect him.

My Level 60 Balance wizard is happiest about Wintertusk. He is almost giddy with excitement, and he has barely seen the front gates. The anticipation of new adventures for high level wizards is the real gem.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Wintertusk and Wand Stitching. I finally have an epic sword with awesome spells!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
It's the waterworks! it was a REALLY fun dungeon! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
the crafted gear. i already got this amulet that gives me one of the new death spells and plus 198 health, and im working on getting this awsome ring. plus the new pets, im working on getting my wyvern to adult so i can hatch with a scarecrow to get a death wyvern so i can train that to adult and mix it with my ice hound to get better stats. a lot of work to do.
and i know its not part of the subject but im going to keep saying it until its changed. ice doesnt need more defense spells we need attack spells because even with the lame spells we have now i usually finish the battle with around 2700 health. ok time to stop ranting.

Community Leader

One thing? Oh dear Professor I am sorry I dont think I can pick just one thing.
In Order
Kraken pet
Wintertusk and Grandmother raven.
Wand Stitching
New gear :)
New Spells

OK that is enough . ;)

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love Wintertusk! I also love the new pets and wand stitching!! Thank you guys at KI for all your hard work!!

ellie

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
One thing that I love is or should i say will is the flying carpet mount and or the new house i saw.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
My favorite thing about the update is both a positive and a negative. it's the Waterworks.

However, as much as I love the waterworks, the connectivity inside is HORRIBLE. tons of lag, and booting my friends out.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi, Professor!
There's waaayyy too many for just one! So, to keep it brief, Wintertusk is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!
The music for it is great!
The new gear is super!
Opening up Crab Alley, again, was a really super neat thing to do!
Even if I didn't exactly stick to one thing, thanks for giving me the opportunity to go totally off topic because I'm so excited about it all and say Thank you for everything! :D

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
crystalfiod2 wrote:
One thing that I love is or should i say will is the flying carpet mount and or the new house i saw.

Where do you even get this mount and house? i saw them on the w101 youtube site but idk where to go for it

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Simply put: resist on level 56 crafted gear.

The next best update would be different looks for crafted gear and how about arena crafted gear? maybe a rank of commander to craft some tough arena gear! ( so what? I believe in crafting)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Do I have to do one? I love wintertusk, I think is beautiful, and I especially love life's newest spell triage. I'm glad to see that you do listen to us! I am still trying to finish up to get my pet. I also love all the new pendants and wands. The clothes are great too.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
My favorite new update is how you edited link. I like it when it does stuff the first round!