Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triton treasure card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Where do you get the triton treasures? I need 4 from my Wt crafting and I cant find them at the storm tree Torence. Is it a drop and from which boss?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Yea this was a problem in the test. I believe that there is only one source (unless the mobs in wintertusk drop them) but there is no way to buy or craft this and the frostbite request on the ice robe.

But I would like to see an answer to this. Hopefully when you ask the question you will get an answer.

Good luck!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
I have a storm wizard that I'm crafting the wintertusk gear for also, it requires 4 triton treasure cards. Searching in the bazaar yesterday and today, I have purchased 3 of them. It's very rare for it to show up, and I've spent a many hour in there refreshing the page. One has to be lightening fast to get it. Although it's possible, I think there's still a problem here, cause whoever decided the rarity of this card surely didn't intend for someone to spend this long at the bazaar lol.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Karobidis, if you read sojourna's post you would learn that KI has been fair by giving a hard to find requirement to ALL schools such as frostbite for Ice. I just wish to learn where to get such cards.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I am also looking for the Triton cards. I have completed Wintertusk and not received one as a drop. I read on another forum that the Magma Peas (crown plant) drop them. I can not find where this plant is dropped by a boss either. I wish I had known that I would have to spend crowns to craft this gear. :(

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
quets9 wrote:
Where do you get the triton treasures? I need 4 from my Wt crafting and I cant find them at the storm tree Torence. Is it a drop and from which boss?

Visit Carcinos in Crustacean Empire. He has recipes for all of the level 48 spells. They are only available to same school wizards who are grandmaster crafters.

Happy Crafting,

Scarlet/Iridian

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Erm.... queenlybluebean, doesnt carcinos give the recipes for storm lord and such, not the level 38 spell Triton? There is currently no recipe for triton as ar as I saw.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
I think I found my answer, Triton treasures and other hard to finds can be found in the Bartebly Treasure card pack or rarely at the bazaar. I had originally thought we needed the normal version, not the Bartebly version

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
quets9 wrote:
Erm.... queenlybluebean, doesnt carcinos give the recipes for storm lord and such, not the level 38 spell Triton? There is currently no recipe for triton as ar as I saw.

You do have a point. I was assuming that storm has to follow the same requirements as the rest of the schools to craft level 56 gear. I was thinking that OP might be mistaken, as I was when I got my recipes, about the treasure card requirement.

I wonder why storm doesn't have to craft level 48 spells for level 56 gear. Doesn't seem quite fair to those of us who crafted rebirth, dragon, etc. for our gear.

Or, OP, are you using the Triton cards to craft the Storm Lord cards required for the recipe? If so, you should be able to purchase the recipe at your school tree in Ravenwood. You might also check with the Archivist in CL to see if you can purchase the spell. OR, and I don't know if this is possibly any longer, you could use Keen Eyes or Tough to make a treasure out of a regular Triton.

Other storm wizards have probably crafted the gear already. Have you checked Wizard 101 Central or Wizard 101 Wiki for further information?

Good luck,

qbb

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
You can also get Triton treasure cards as gardening drops from Maelstrom Snap Dragons. The snap dragons are drops from creatures in Celestia and Dragonspyre.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Check out this wiki that contains everything you every wanted to know about Wizard 101. The link points to the content for all treasure cards:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Treasure_Cards

It appears that Triton cannot be crafted, as I just learned is the case with Regenerate.

I guess that means we have to grow those spells or enchant them in our spellbooks to use for crafting.

Geeze, it took quite a while to figure that out.

qbb

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

I guess that means we have to grow those spells or enchant them in our spellbooks to use for crafting.

enchanting them doesn't work. The enchanted cards have different stats and the recipe won't use them.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

enchanting them doesn't work. The enchanted cards have different stats and the recipe won't use them.

Dang it. That's annoying.

Did anyone determine if the Triton spell can be crafted? This may be a problem similar to that of the Regenerate treasure requirement for level 56 boots. Prof. Greyrose pretty much said we have to garden and hope for the cards as plant rewards. I'm not liking that idea very much.

qbb

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:

Did anyone determine if the Triton spell can be crafted?

you can't craft it but I got one as a drop from something in waterworks last night.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
I don't mind crafting or transmuting for ingredients, but drops are not easy to come by. Because most times you don't get what you want and it's time consuming for those of us with a job and other things to do. I personally don't have the time to wait for someone to sell it at bazaar or drop from an enemy, please make this ingredient available via the archivist or recipe please.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I would like to formally request a recipe for crafting the Triton Treasure Card. We need this to craft certain items and outfits. It is also extremely difficult to get these cards.

Thank you,

William SunStrider

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I agree. We crafters are a dedicated group and most of us are willing to spend additional time flying all around the spiral to find necessary reagents. Stone blocks ring a bell, anyone!?
If a rare treasure card is required to craft something, the recipe should be available.
KI is usually responsive to these types of requests. I think we just have to keep after them.
Triton treasure card recipes, PLZ!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Yes, I agree, I really can't see why storm shouldn't be able to craft it's cards for the crafted gear like everyone else. (tempest crises reloaded?) This is just not fair.

I'm very displeased with this. I don't want to do gardening (don't like it and wouldn't have enough time anyway), and I won't be forced to do it by this.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
quets9 wrote:
I think I found my answer, Triton treasures and other hard to finds can be found in the Bartebly Treasure card pack or rarely at the bazaar. I had originally thought we needed the normal version, not the Bartebly version

I bought four already and no triton cards were in bartebly treasure pack.....not so good there

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Aritako wrote:
You can also get Triton treasure cards as gardening drops from Maelstrom Snap Dragons. The snap dragons are drops from creatures in Celestia and Dragonspyre.

I have had Maelstrom Snap Dragons in my garden since I was able to. I do not recall ever having recieved a Triton treasure card. If this or waterworks is the only way I can get the card then crafting storm gear is impossible.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
i also am stuck trying to do the WT robe/hat recipe

ok , what i want to know is why Myth and Death cards are available with no problem? life was a pain but i did the hat & robe by making centaurs, hydra will be a prob too; ice i hear is a prob too ? i havent worked on that account yet; fire needs make cards like life too

i want to play the game NOT spend hours in the bazaar in the HOPE i may see ONE CARD! I dont mind collecting reagents , i have spent many a day in athenium. or pond by herkir's, or pearl diving in the portico, black lotus hunt in floating lands
took ahile but at least you knew you would get what you needed or could transmute!
as for gardening? i raised many of those maelstrom snap dragons and i got NO cards , once a good snack, most time nothing special, and we are talking about 7 wizards here
as some one said in another post- again storm is being messed up in the game

lets get the recipes more equitable KI please, death and myth shouldnt have all the breaks with this

i started another account- they will NOT craft , not worth the aggrivation sometimes, and half my others will not finish

i have 4, almost a 5th grand master artisans in 2 accounts- that's it, they make stuff for the others
thanks

kiera of many legends

Community Leader
Try evil magma peas. I am hearing that is the plant that drops triton cards.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
triton treasure cards. WT crafted storm gear is now crafted and bought with crowns? The only way to get triton treasure cards is from evil magma snow peas (1250 crowns each; crowns only) and hope they drop one before elder because they drop several other cards too; or purchase bartleby treasure card packs ( one person said they bought 4 packs and got 0 triton) I thought crafting was working for it not buying it. I bought the recipes but prob will never craft these wt storm clothes. Oh I have 2 accounts and 8 grandmaster crafters with 6 wearing crafted clothes, and a storm wt robe and shoes are prob harder to craft than a celestian observatory house. ( havent done that yet) I have 6 legends on my other account and crafted my deaths WT clothes in a day with pooled reagents. If i have to farm the waterworks for tritons i will probably get skyscream clothes anyway(probably better). So good luck crafters.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Why craft the robe? The storm robe at waterworks is better and does'nt include any crafting. This depends on luck! My friends says to get this robe you have to be first on the last boss and have to do the most damage. Good luck! :D

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
052541savanah wrote:
Why craft the robe? The storm robe at waterworks is better and does'nt include any crafting.

Because it's only available to those that are level 60.