Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost Connection in Wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Losing connection was a problem in Wintertusk in the Test game and it appears to still be a problem.

I was with a friend in battle with Battlegloom and we had him down to 184xp when I lost connection. It would alwas happen in battle in test and now it is happening in Live. I did not have this problem before test and don't have it anywhere else in the game. I did not lose internet connection.

KI Please fix this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Losing connection was a problem in Wintertusk in the Test game and it appears to still be a problem.

I was with a friend in battle with Battlegloom and we had him down to 184xp when I lost connection. It would alwas happen in battle in test and now it is happening in Live. I did not have this problem before test and don't have it anywhere else in the game. I did not lose internet connection.

KI Please fix this.

This is a congestion issue. There are lots of wizards online at the same time clogging up the servers (likely hundreds of thounsands). This will fix itself in due time, or you could switch to a server with less population. If you already had a weak internet connection the overload will certainly disconnect you. KI can fix the problem by opening up new servers (decrease the load), but this issue is only temporary and eventually by having too many servers it will be incredibly hard to find other wizards to group with as they are spread all over the realms. Also, more servers on KI's end may increase the base price for subscriptions or zone areas for crowns players.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
kingurz wrote:
[This is a congestion issue. There are lots of wizards online at the same time clogging up the servers (likely hundreds of thounsands). This will fix itself in due time, or you could switch to a server with less population. If you already had a weak internet connection the overload will certainly disconnect you. KI can fix the problem by opening up new servers (decrease the load), but this issue is only temporary and eventually by having too many servers it will be incredibly hard to find other wizards to group with as they are spread all over the realms. Also, more servers on KI's end may increase the base price for subscriptions or zone areas for crowns players.

dude school is about to break in another month or so and college is out for some people. this "congestion" issue will ot go away. in them ean time people are loosing game time because of this frustration. it must be sorted out.

Even if you go to a 'PERFECT" realm in wintertusk there are always people fighting especically in Hrundle Fjord and once you are in a zone with people fighting you are literally stuck for about a full minute!

You can't send a ticket for everything, that's why we post on here so that KI can know and fix it.

It grates on the nerves when people try to make your issue seems trivial because the issues is already grating on the nerves.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
kingurz wrote:
[This is a congestion issue. There are lots of wizards online at the same time clogging up the servers (likely hundreds of thounsands). This will fix itself in due time, or you could switch to a server with less population. If you already had a weak internet connection the overload will certainly disconnect you. KI can fix the problem by opening up new servers (decrease the load), but this issue is only temporary and eventually by having too many servers it will be incredibly hard to find other wizards to group with as they are spread all over the realms. Also, more servers on KI's end may increase the base price for subscriptions or zone areas for crowns players.

dude school is about to break in another month or so and college is out for some people. this "congestion" issue will ot go away. in them ean time people are loosing game time because of this frustration. it must be sorted out.

Even if you go to a 'PERFECT" realm in wintertusk there are always people fighting especically in Hrundle Fjord and once you are in a zone with people fighting you are literally stuck for about a full minute!

You can't send a ticket for everything, that's why we post on here so that KI can know and fix it.

It grates on the nerves when people try to make your issue seems trivial because the issues is already grating on the nerves.

...and by the time "all these" folks break for school and college, most legendaries will have completed Wintertusk and will free up server space, reducing the problem. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up asking KI to "fix" this problem (which will sort itself out, like it did right after Celestia) . No one is really fighting in the Survey Camp anymore, are they?

Goldendragon was indicating that the problem did not occur before test, so I gave him a reason why. This happens to any MMO that releases new content, some folks experience more lag than others.

Additionally, simply posting to these forums will do nothing for KI fixing anything. Any bugs, glitches, or the same HAVE to have a ticket associated with them unless the developers find it themselves. Tickets have assigned numbers, no one at KI has to do anything with forum posts.

And finally, I am in no way trying to make Goldendragon's issue trivial. Not being able to play a game you are paying for is never trivial. It happened to me very recently too. The difference is I followed up with a support ticket and attempted to work with them to fix MY problem. Not just tell KI their game is broke and to fix it. Goldendragon's issue may simply be fixed with some settings changes, but has to work with KI to figure out what works. I was offering some server switches that may help in the mean time. I play on the low population servers, I do not experience any of those connection issues, hopefully they work for Goldendragon too.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
kingurz wrote:

...and by the time "all these" folks break for school and college, most legendaries will have completed Wintertusk and will free up server space, reducing the problem. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up asking KI to "fix" this problem (which will sort itself out, like it did right after Celestia) . No one is really fighting in the Survey Camp anymore, are they?

Goldendragon was indicating that the problem did not occur before test, so I gave him a reason why. This happens to any MMO that releases new content, some folks experience more lag than others.

Additionally, simply posting to these forums will do nothing for KI fixing anything. Any bugs, glitches, or the same HAVE to have a ticket associated with them unless the developers find it themselves. Tickets have assigned numbers, no one at KI has to do anything with forum posts.

And finally, I am in no way trying to make Goldendragon's issue trivial. Not being able to play a game you are paying for is never trivial. It happened to me very recently too. The difference is I followed up with a support ticket and attempted to work with them to fix MY problem. Not just tell KI their game is broke and to fix it. Goldendragon's issue may simply be fixed with some settings changes, but has to work with KI to figure out what works. I was offering some server switches that may help in the mean time. I play on the low population servers, I do not experience any of those connection issues, hopefully they work for Goldendragon too.

My pardon Kingurz, i didn't know you work for KingsIsle. However ,if posting on the message boards won't solve anything like you said, why did Prof greyrose posted these notices?

"If you're new to Wizard101, we have lots of different pages on our website to help you get started.

Halston's Lab is for technical questions about features or bugs."
Professor Greyrose wrote:
If you've found a bug in the game, have a concern about your account or have technical issues with the game, this post is where to start.

b) If your issue is technical (can't see my icons, game won't load etc) or game related (need instructions for a quest, I'm stuck, can't recall home etc), and you've already looked for your answer without results, then post in this section of the Message Boards. Be as detailed as possible about your issue so that we can better answer it in an efficient manner.

Following this simple process will get you your answer much faster, and greatly reduce the duplicate or already addressed issues.

If you are not having connection issues then this is not the thread for you. We all know about changing realms when the game is lagging but it even lags in perfect realms. Sending a ticket is a part of the process but posting on the message boards will cause others who are having the same problems to post as well and KI will address the problems based on the volume of posted complaints. its easier to fix the area than to respond to each ticket for everyone.

Telling people to wait until everyone else complete the world and the enthusiasm is gone is not responsible. So please just leave well enough alone. And let us who are having the problem talk to the people who can actually fix it.

if you are not having connectivity issues, good for you but we are so go enjoy WT and let us sort this out with greyrose of Halston.

Thank you.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure why you are complaining about me offering reasons why Goldendragon is experiencing issues, it's not like my post will prevent KI from addressing the issue. And like I said in my previous post, "tickets have assigned numbers, no one at KI has to do anything with forum posts." As you may have noticed anytime anyone posts an issue, more often than not, Prof. Greyrose will tell a wizard to send in a ticket with a DxDiag. That is to address the individual's problem, since you cannot upload any support files in the forums. The forum is great for quick answers of others, to see if there are any already KNOWN issues, and as Prof. Greyrose pointed out in your own quote..it should remove the need for duplicate posts. Reposting thread after thread will not elevate the status of the issue (if I'm wrong, please reply with the link of where those instructions are located).

The forums are great to see if others have similar issues or to help define what is actually wrong. The greatest benefit of the forums, is from each other (communication with other wizards). It is a way to communicate with KI, but KI does not have to respond to anything on the forums. Besides, not all players can even post to the forums! For any technical issues, wizards should always use all the available resources located here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help

The intent of my post (to Goldendragon) was that while KI is working through this issue, the issue should be temporary and to offer some suggestions until support fixes the issue (and of course my two cents on the possible negatives of increased servers). Again, Goldendragon pointed out this issue remained from test realm (which was also congested). No where did I tell him to wait to play the game until after everyone else completes it. I did indicate that at the least if KI does absolutely nothing, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry you became offended somehow.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
kingurz wrote:
I'm not sure why you are complaining about me offering reasons why Goldendragon is experiencing issues, it's not like my post will prevent KI from addressing the issue... (snip)...The intent of my post (to Goldendragon) was that while KI is working through this issue, the issue should be temporary and to offer some suggestions until support fixes the issue (and of course my two cents on the possible negatives of increased servers). Again, Goldendragon pointed out this issue remained from test realm (which was also congested). No where did I tell him to wait to play the game until after everyone else completes it. I did indicate that at the least if KI does absolutely nothing, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry you became offended somehow.

@kingurz,

Your explanation is clear and sensible, and I agree that the lag problem will dissipate as fewer wizards are trying to play all at the same time. We had the same problem with CL and it's resolved itself nicely. My solution is to run one wizard through the new content at release, and then back off and work somewhere else for a couple of months. When I'm ready to go back to the new content, it's usually possible to use a perfect realm so I don't have lag problems. Patience is a virtue, in my case :)

Some people will never be satisfied, and others just like to argue and complain. Can't please everyone, or anyone, every time. Plus, you have to remember that many of the posters to these forums are children and teens...

@Nico, do you really need to continue this? I see you have also been busy dashing the hopes of crafters of level 56 gear, and generally expressing displeasure over several aspects of the new release. You must be very busy, busy, busy with such important work!

LOLZ,

Iridian/Scarlet/Moira