Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jumping Into Battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
I understand the game is about teamwork. But not everyone wants to team up with random people all the time. I think it would be great if only GROUP members can jump into fights. I don't know how many times I've almost finished a duel and BOOM some random person jumps in and brings more mobs to fight. Its really annoying and ruins game play for me and my friends. Is it possible to make something like my suggestion happen? I know many others find it annoying as well.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Stangmama wrote:
I understand the game is about teamwork. But not everyone wants to team up with random people all the time. I think it would be great if only GROUP members can jump into fights. I don't know how many times I've almost finished a duel and BOOM some random person jumps in and brings more mobs to fight. Its really annoying and ruins game play for me and my friends. Is it possible to make something like my suggestion happen? I know many others find it annoying as well.

Battles are not private. A player has every right to join any battle they want. Sure, it may be annoying when someone drags in a new monster, but you can't complain, because they have the RIGHT to do that.

Besides, what happens when you're about to die in a street fight but have no one online who's in your group, then a 'random person' tries to join but can't because you MADE IT so that they can't?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Stangmama wrote:

I agree. I am sick and tired of "noobs" (and I rarely use the word "noobs") jumping into my fights.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I used to mind when people would jump in, but in the newer places you need the help!

ellie

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
When you fight a mob out in the open, the game is MEANT to have more people and mobs join. It is to see how well you can play the game with a team. If you really do want a private battle, go to a realm that is not very populated, make sure no one else is around, and THEN fight. It's the best way. Now, if you are having a problem with people porting to you, turn OFF the teleport, or click the hidden from friends button. Hope this helps. William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It is annoying, and KI has taken the only step they really can, and has taken away that stupid pop-up telling new wizards to jump into battle.
More times than not, the jumping in causes more problems. And I've also had people jump in and just sit there, letting me take the hits and do all the work.
Common courtesy would be to ask first. I have seen that happen with most higher leveled wizards, and it's something I always do.
Aside from what KI has done, there's not much they can do since, as others have stated, this is not a private game.
I do disagree, however, that the game was "MADE" for this. I think you should be able to battle alone if you choose to do so.

Moira Moonflower
Legendary Master of Ice

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
What I think KI should do is when somebody tries to jump into your battles, a pop up should appear asking "Would you like *wizard's name here* to join your battle?" That way if you are dying, you can decide to let them join. If you don't want and/or need them, just click "no". I posted something on these boards about this. It's so annoying. Especially when 'noobs' (i'm lacking a better word) jump in and use their level spells. And waste your traps in doing so.

-Shay
~Ryan DarkRiver
Level 37 Magus Necromancer
MooShu~

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
i was thinking something diffrent-

you could rather choose if you wanted to battle the guy or not ( or woman :P )

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
personally, i don't mind it ONLY if they can do teamwork then i'm fine with it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Light and Darkness go hand in hand -daniel dragonhunter grandmaster pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009