Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk - No leveling up for Legendarys

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Wintertusk is a very hard area to beat. I think for all the work and dying that we are going to do in this area we should be rewarded. We should be able to level up from 60 to 70. It would give us more incentive to stay and fight. Fight or Flight. Right now I just want Flight. Just don't feel like wasting my time battling and dying. KingsIsle think about it. And no more "you are busy" when a friend is trying to teleport to us - to help.
Please take this under consideration. I am sure that I am not the only only to feel this way.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
KI stated even before WT release there would be NO level increase and gave fair warning to those who had max leveled, so they could choose to do WT now or not. You are choosing to do it so quit whining. WT is an Expansion of GH not a new world. You may want to check your privacy settings to verify friends can port, or you may be in a solo or locked-tower type-battle area, those increase as your level and world access do.

I for one-being max leveled as well-love that WT is out and enjoying it despite a few glitches and no XP, besides when the new world comes out there will be plenty of XP to go from 60-70 and the Spiral is flush with XP anyway.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I'm doing the same thing because I am not a big fan of Celestia. Also out of all the wizards I have only one completed Grizzleheim. I love Wintertusk. I think it's better then Grizzleheim. I decided to actually do Grizzleheim for my death and myth wizards. I want to get my school pets first for both and then start Grizzleheim.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Kind of a waste to skip it entirely. Kings Isle put a lot of effort into creating it. And it really is loosely based on Norse Mythology. So we can learn a thing or two about the Ancient Vikings while getting clobbered. And I can dream can't I? I still would like to level up.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
mare62 wrote:
Kind of a waste to skip it entirely. Kings Isle put a lot of effort into creating it. And it really is loosely based on Norse Mythology. So we can learn a thing or two about the Ancient Vikings while getting clobbered. And I can dream can't I? I still would like to level up.
here's my perspective on why i don't care about having no new level cap- as i level up, what i mainly look forward to is how much the next level's equipment will benefit me. the actual level increase only improves health and mana by meager amounts at this point. now with wintertusk, there is a load of completely new and amazing gear. this easily overcomes that 20 something extra health from leveling. so, for now, i can quest with the equipment being the reward. -eli and crew

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Personally, I enjoyed GH (ok, for the most part) and keep coming back to help friends, or farm for pets.

I do agree that Wintertusk is hard for us legendaries, much less lower level wizards out there. My Life grandmaster was sturggling in the early part of WT, so I switched back to working my myth legendary. I want her to get that level 58 pet! :-D

So far, I have really enjoyed this new area of GH. I really love the atmosphere of GH/Wintertusk.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The gear rewards are awesome, and fetch a fairly good bit of gold (or at least they did back at the beginning of the week). I love the new characters and thought Grandmother Raven beautiful. The no leveling up thing doesn't bother me, simply because I enjoy the new quests and can actually beat some of the bosses solo (I'm horrible at soloing). It's a challenge, and sometimes I die, but I always seem to come back for more :-D

Survivor
May 28, 2010
mare62 wrote:
Wintertusk is a very hard area to beat. I think for all the work and dying that we are going to do in this area we should be rewarded. We should be able to level up from 60 to 70. It would give us more incentive to stay and fight. Fight or Flight. Right now I just want Flight. Just don't feel like wasting my time battling and dying. KingsIsle think about it. And no more "you are busy" when a friend is trying to teleport to us - to help.
Please take this under consideration. I am sure that I am not the only only to feel this way.
i agree i'm not to pst but it would be nice to get some thing out of wintertusk. but it is fun. i think they should raise the lvl cap to 62 not 70. but wintertusk gives way to much xp for legendaries not to get any. legendariys most are doing wintertusk for the pet and spells and gold and gear so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with no xp given its kinda a waste

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
KI stated even before WT release there would be NO level increase and gave fair warning to those who had max leveled, so they could choose to do WT now or not. You are choosing to do it so quit whining. WT is an Expansion of GH not a new world. You may want to check your privacy settings to verify friends can port, or you may be in a solo or locked-tower type-battle area, those increase as your level and world access do.

I for one-being max leveled as well-love that WT is out and enjoying it despite a few glitches and no XP, besides when the new world comes out there will be plenty of XP to go from 60-70 and the Spiral is flush with XP anyway.

Well I didnt see it any where the only way I found out that I would not get levels is after I had renew my sub and then I found out that I had wasted my money for nothing

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
yeah what was the point in all the EXP there when your lvl 60 before your even done in CL ... odd i really hope new lvls are added 60 was WAY to easy to get . But i do enjoy farming there and crafting things from there very cool all the new gear is very nice :-)

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
I think I would wait till level 70 comes out,probaly with the next new world continuing the Cl story line
That final dungeon is hard though :\ I'm Waiting Till level 70 to do the high exp quest

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
miker01 wrote:
I think I would wait till level 70 comes out,probaly with the next new world continuing the Cl story line
That final dungeon is hard though :\ I'm Waiting Till level 70 to do the high exp quest

Bravo miker01 i also am waiting for new level cap to complete alot of quests
so it is easier to level up i am hoping for a 70 cap my only dissapointment is the new gear is no better than what we already have and i can still only purchase one robe two boots and one hat for level 58 and i look like some kind weird bird looking thing with new 60 gear really i would have like to see a whole ninja thing (not nija pig) or maybe in respect to new updated a whole viking look maybe new robe that makes us twice or size as wizards. maybe even let us have gear that gives us a morphed look like all death gear that makes us a walking scare crow not wraith (the lamest rendition of the reaper i have ever seen) lol
good luck in your game

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
First let me say I loved the questing in Grizzleheim and I am loving WinterTusk too. But that isn't the subject I am speaking on right now.
The main Problem with WT and XP/Leveling is that with GH Grand Masters didn't lose very much XP it was a side world. The HUGE amount of XP in WT makes it a leveling world. Entirely different from GH. There are a couple of solutions. Lower the XP in WT to compare with GH, or as has been suggested by others a 2nd tier of levels/xp essentially Legendary lvl 1, 2 ,3 etc. or a boost to our artisan or gardening levels... some kind of reward. For those who say we aren't forced to play there... true, but when you have played since November of 2008 and have your 6 maxed out wizards and aren't 10 years old what's your suggestion that we do? Why should the group of people who actually play the game and do the quests be the one group that is slighted when new playable content is released? The gold as rewarded for the quests doesnt amount to much. While the drops pay well there isnt much left to buy with gold anymore. Everything good that we used to be able to get with gold is now crowns only. We can only hatch once per day. I stay close to 200,000 all the time even though I buy and sell school houses to try to lower the amount I have. It would be nice if as new crown gear is released that the crown gear 6monthsand older be available with gold as well. It would give us incentive to continue and keep cash in KI's pockets too with renewed subscriptions.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
I definatly agree, I was wishing for the Legendarys like me and the others would level up to 70 and become epic or ancient...

Level 60 Thaumaturge
Alexandria

Armiger
May 10, 2010
How on earth, can you all be complaining??? Honestly!!!

First, you all complain that Grizzleheim was pointless and did not give any good XP!!!

Now, KI has listened to the community, made up for the lack of XP in Grizzleheim, with the amount of XP in Wintertusk!

KI has also added a spell you can get for doing Grizzleheim and a spell and a new pet you can get for doing Wintertusk!!!

Throughout all the spiral, there is plenty of XP to go around and around and around again, so it is not a Loss of XP, it is something new and exciting to do... Are you all that lost that you don't get that concept???

Enjoy Wintertusk for it's treasures and rewards, also remember, there are other people that play this game, besides YOUR Legendary Wizard. People can get to Wintertusk after completing Grizzleheim, they don't have to be Grandmaster or Legedary to get there!!!

So, in my closing, I think you all should be ashamed of yourself! Be happy that KI has listened and given the community what they have asked for.... A Level Cap raise will happen when they are ready, which will mean, even more spells, more quests, more worlds. Enjoy the new gear you get now, the new pets, and the new quests, don't be so greedy to want everything at once!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
darthjt wrote:
How on earth, can you all be complaining??? Honestly!!!

First, you all complain that Grizzleheim was pointless and did not give any good XP!!!

Now, KI has listened to the community, made up for the lack of XP in Grizzleheim, with the amount of XP in Wintertusk!

KI has also added a spell you can get for doing Grizzleheim and a spell and a new pet you can get for doing Wintertusk!!!

Throughout all the spiral, there is plenty of XP to go around and around and around again, so it is not a Loss of XP, it is something new and exciting to do... Are you all that lost that you don't get that concept???

Enjoy Wintertusk for it's treasures and rewards, also remember, there are other people that play this game, besides YOUR Legendary Wizard. People can get to Wintertusk after completing Grizzleheim, they don't have to be Grandmaster or Legedary to get there!!!

So, in my closing, I think you all should be ashamed of yourself! Be happy that KI has listened and given the community what they have asked for.... A Level Cap raise will happen when they are ready, which will mean, even more spells, more quests, more worlds. Enjoy the new gear you get now, the new pets, and the new quests, don't be so greedy to want everything at once!
Agreed even tough im level 25 and working in KT and havent gotten that far in griizleheim

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Are you all that lost that you don't get that concept???

LOL i like to see a lvl 40 go there alone

lvl 40 goes to boss .... boss crits .... lvl 40 dies ...
Not to sound silly but i would pay to see that :p