Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk in not Fun

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I finished WT within 1-2 weeks. It is WAY more easier when you go there earlier; with the crowd! There would be a lot more battles and more people needing help with bosses. You could probably ask some friends for help so it can be more easier. I mostly see level 60s there. You're a legendary, right (I didn't read most of the posts). Yes, I know that it is hard, but to come to think about it, it's like the Waterworks; a challenge! You can try to finish the main quests in the game (if you haven't) and try again. it might be more fun after...

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
mare62 wrote:
The scenery is very pretty. The music is FAB. The storyline is mint. But the battles are way too hard. Thulkir - Try to solo with 8 high level ice spells thrown at you. Forget it. Can't fight the goblins without four other people. Forget it. Why did you bother to make a land that was so tough. For the gamers? Not a family game anymore. KingsIsle you blew it with this one!!! Half the people left while I was trying to play. Hint Hint. Make it easier and more family oriented or you guys are going to lose valued customers.

Thats why you do it together like everyone else has. Might as well work for it. And they are not losing anyone at all. This place is probably meant for higher levels

Level 58
Brandon Thunderglade

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

I'm a Storm and a soloist. Wintertusk is not easy. If it was, it would be boring! And I doubt anyone wants boring, and it's for higher levels if it were like crab alley we would be bored!
So, in Wintertusk people can't really be a soloist unless they have crazy health or lots of patience. Me I have neither, but I am stil slowly grinding through it!

~~~ Sarah Moonglade ~~~

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
wintertusk is cool i love the music sence and its hardness! thumbs up for kingsise i think they did great on this one a place for legends to have fun again ( cause they did cl then it was all boring for them ) but anyway my friend help me if i gonna die its a fun place and i disagree with anyone who think wt is to hard level up or get friends its a great place i thinks it is fun

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
mare62 wrote:
The scenery is very pretty. The music is FAB. The storyline is mint. But the battles are way too hard. Thulkir - Try to solo with 8 high level ice spells thrown at you. Forget it. Can't fight the goblins without four other people. Forget it. Why did you bother to make a land that was so tough. For the gamers? Not a family game anymore. KingsIsle you blew it with this one!!! Half the people left while I was trying to play. Hint Hint. Make it easier and more family oriented or you guys are going to lose valued customers.

another beauty of Wintertusk is that you can't solo it. You have to work as a team.

But I agree, they are pushing it. Families these days can't spend so much money on a computer game, no matter how awesome it is. It's not very family oriented. But no, Wintertusk is very family oriented, because you need friends. My dad and I are doing the same quests together and helping each other.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
First of all, you should post your lvl in your message so we know what kind of situation your in. I wouldnt recommend you going in before you had your lvl 48 spell.

Secondly, like celestia, you cant solo it. The solution to hard bosses and quests are help. Why do you think KI created the friends list? Use it.
(Even if you have to solo a boss [no one can port to you] be prepared)

Finally, Wintertusk is provides challenge. Not as much as waterworks but it's that strive to complete your world that provides high entertainment. Dont back down yet. Strive toward to meet your goal.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
mare62 wrote:

The world of Wintertusk just came out. No offense but did you really think Wintertusk was going to be perfect when it came out? It wasn't that way with Celestia. They had some problems with Celestia when it first came out. Then they fixed it. KI is probably going to do the same with Wintertusk!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
i agree that wintertusk is sort of unfair. first of all, since when have clothes given spells but been not no auction? second of all, the bosses are crazy hard.
third of all, why have grizzleheim and wintertusk never been part of the storyline. i agree that a magus wizard would have a bunch of trouble with the bosses here, so why not make a level 50 requirement after finishing a storyline grizzleheim.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
i guess wintertusk may be hard
maybe
but there are always so many people there so you never really have a problem

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
In my opinion, Wintertusk is the best thing that happened in the game. You can best enjoy it with a couple of friends, no crowns needed. Sure, some battles are tough, but that's what makes it fun! If you can't beat a boss with a couple of friends, change your deck strategy. Just do that and you can have an awesome time in Wintertusk, like I did!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I loved Wintertusk. Compared to Celestia it is IMO very nice. I plan on leveling all my gals in Wintertusk rather than Celestia.

I really hope KI makes another world like it. Otherwise the game will end at Wintertusk for me.

Wintertusk was fun and exciting. It made me remember how fun the game was my first time through.

Megan