Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crimson Fields Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
I have tried coming back to Crimson Fields several times now and I cannot make any progress. Shojiro Gama sent me to Hoi Mang, then he says I must defeat the War Oni. It doesn't give me anyone else to talk to but I have read that others must retrieve piles of wood, set up barricades, etc. but I haven't been asked to do any of that nor have I been given any other quests. I can't talk to anyone in Fields either. I have tried changing realms and leaving the dungeon and re-entering but it doesn't seem to do any good. I went back through the bosses in Tatakai Outpost and I've already finished all the quests in Hametsu Village and it doesn't seem to have had an effect. Is there something I am missing or must complete first before Crimson Fields will work? I am a level 39 Thaumaturge if that means anything.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Administrator
You're not alone - we have flagged this quest as part of our Known Issues here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenot ...

We are working diligently to get this fixed for everyone, please be patient as we play Whack-a-Bug...

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I am having the same trouble and I sent a report in that I can't do it, Glad you are all working onit.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kochia555 wrote:
I have tried coming back to Crimson Fields several times now and I cannot make any progress. Shojiro Gama sent me to Hoi Mang, then he says I must defeat the War Oni. It doesn't give me anyone else to talk to but I have read that others must retrieve piles of wood, set up barricades, etc. but I haven't been asked to do any of that nor have I been given any other quests. I can't talk to anyone in Fields either. I have tried changing realms and leaving the dungeon and re-entering but it doesn't seem to do any good. I went back through the bosses in Tatakai Outpost and I've already finished all the quests in Hametsu Village and it doesn't seem to have had an effect. Is there something I am missing or must complete first before Crimson Fields will work? I am a level 39 Thaumaturge if that means anything.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

I just ran into the same problem. This leaves my wizard with no quests.
I have sent a report to support, along with a screenshot of the fact that the next person I should've talked to has nothing over his head; i.e. no quest.
I hope this gets fixed soon, since I now have no reason to go into the game. :(

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
I guess the bug has not been fixed because I have the EXACT same proble that the earlier messages had in 2009 and 2010. I hope something can be done because I can not progress in any quests until then.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
Yes, all my progress has stopped too, other than the few smaller quests left in other areas of Mooshu.

For now though, I have been occupying my time by earning badges, training pets, doing PVP duels, crafting, or battling old bosses. It's nice to gain some extra experience, coins, and items while I wait. :)

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I entered and completed this quest yesterday. I experienced all of the same issues I read on this subject. This is what I learned. I believe aspects are intentional designs.

When the War Oni quest is accepted, another quest to talk to two sentries is given immediately afterward. The War Oni quest has a quest helper, i.e. the directing arrow. The sentry quest has no quest helper. It's like the "Find the Oysters" quest. If you don't talk to the sentries, you cannot proceed. You must read the quest itself to see the names of the two sentries. I believe the purpose is to determine if you can follow directions not just arrows. You are directed to talk to the sentries. If you do so, you can proceed. That is your reward for following directions. It deviates from everything I've seen in the game up to this point. If you don't follow the diretions and try to follow the War Oni arrow around, you'll get nowhere.

After you talk with the sentries, you will be given another quest which does have a quest helper. You are told to kill ten enemies at the fort who have attacked. After killing a few but before killing ten, you are interrupted and told that the enemy has fled and you should now defeat War Oni. Here's the kicker: you are also told that there is a secret entrance into the enemie's palace. Here's where it got unpredictable. When you follow the arrow, it takes you to an end in the road and points you into the forest. At one point, the distance read around 800 and then abruptly switched to 1200. It looks like a bug, but I believe the intent is to simulate using a secret entrance. Then, if you accidently go to a correct point, you are zapped onto the road beyond the fort that leads to the palace. In my case, I decided to leave and approached the exit when suddenly I was zapped to where I needed to be. I suspect I could have returned to the fort and simply tried to go through the door. After being defeated once, I wasn't sure how to get back in. I learned I could get back in by simply going to the fort and walking through the door.

Try this. Don't forget to mark your location before starting the battle. It'll save you a lot of grief.

Good luck and happy trails to you!

When you foll

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I am supposed to defeat War Oni and the direction arrow keeps changing and not leading to any such person. I have been all over it.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
All I can suggest is go to the place where the arrow changes from a distance of, say, 800 to, say, 1200, and then go back to the fort and try to go through the door. If that fails, try to walk out of the area through the door you came in.

Beyond that, it's just a crazy guessing game.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
you need to find all the scouts to continue then go get brickhouse elemental

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I found the scouts, but I have no idea what you mean by "brickhouse element". After I found the scouts, I was directed to defeat 10 enemies at the fort. After defeating a few, a message came up saying they had all fled.

Maybe I got another quest regarding a brickhouse element, but I would have found it eventually on my quest list. The phrase is a new one to me.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I see that I am not the only one going through this. It is, however, a little disheartening to see that it has been going on for a long time. Which leads me to believe that it may not be an issue with the game but rather an issue of miscomunication. I went directly to the "contact support" tab and the response was much of the same that I have seen here in this forum. But it seems some of us have been able to out wit the "bug" and move on anyway. I will probably follow there advice tonight and see if I can get in. Good Luck fellow Wizards!