Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Detailed Instructions for Spell & Pet Quests

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards!

Sorry for all of the confusion over the new spell and pet quests, but here is a guide that will (hopefully) be more useful on how to get them.

Spell Quests
Every class has to complete the same spell quests to get their new spells at levels 35 and 55. Some of the new spell are upgraded spells, but don’t worry, you still get to keep your original spell! However, there are some requirements to obtain the spell quests.

Level 35 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.
1. Being level 35
2. Having completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”

Level 55 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “The Spell Trade.”
1. Being level 55
2. Having completed the quest “Su Su Sudrilund” in Sudrilund in Wintertusk, which is given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.
3. Having completed the quest “Thief of Spells” from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard.

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “The Spell Trade”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune once again in Northguard to get the quest “The Runedown.”

Level 58 Pet Quests
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting pet quests from your school professors in Ravenwood, Nightside, or Krokosphinx. Each school has a different quest and each school has to fight a different boss in Wintertusk to get their new pets!
1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
a. Fire is the quest “Tower of the Inferno” from Professor Dalia Falmea
b. Ice is the quest “ from Professor Lydia Greyrose
c. Storm is the quest “Stormbringer” from Professor Halston Balestrom
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
e. Life is the quest “Loudly Sing Cuckoo” from Moolinda Wu
f. Death is the quest “Don’t Fear the Reaper “ from Dworgyn in Nightside
g. Balance is the quest “Breaking Glass” from Alhazred in Krokosphinx
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Once you meet all of these requirements, then you can go talk to your professor about getting a new pet! Talk to your same professors who you received your level 48 spell/pet quest from to get the quest….
Fire is quest “Like a Phoenix”
Ice is quest “Wings of Valor”
Storm is quest “Egg of the Storm”
Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
Life is quest “Ready to Hatch”
Death is quest “Century Egg”
Balance is quest “Balancing Egg”

I hope this helps and happy questing!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 06, 2010
ok, apparently that isn't all. I meet all the requirements you mentioned, however have not gotten, nor does my teacher have the "frog in your throat" quest.
Of course,
I also have not yet completed the lvl 58 spell quest as I don't have access to the science center yet. Typical of Professor Drake though, why should he send me for a pet when I won't stop galavanting around the spiral long enough to learn my own school spell?!? :-Dhaha
Sierra Griffincaster
lvl 60
Myth

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Ok logged in today and both my characters had their quests. My teacher for my lvl 58 pet quest, and Baldur Goldpaws for my death's lvl 35 spell. Ty so much and I hated to sound mean, I was just frustrated seeing ppl with theirs - and already with hybrids!
Died twice so far trying to get my pet, once with a henchman too. Going back to try again.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
hello fellow wizards,
I have met the requirements to the level 35 quest from Erik Wyrdrune, and I gotta defeat this raven. well, I have tried twice and can't do it! :x
Unfortunetly, I have to do this quest alone, which makes it that much harder!
If anyone has a secret to how to defeat this lovely character, please reply. :?

See ya in Ravenwood,
Laura GreenLeaf
Level 38 Life Wizard

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I'm Myth, Level 60, completed my spell and pet quests from level 48. I'm in the midst of doing the wintertusk quests. But Professor drake does not have a new pet quest for me. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MelodyShade wrote:
I'm Myth, Level 60, completed my spell and pet quests from level 48. I'm in the midst of doing the wintertusk quests. But Professor drake does not have a new pet quest for me. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Complete step 3 under Level 58 Pet Quests above, then go back and check in with Professor Drake.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
MelodyShade wrote:

You would need to complete Wintertusk before getting the pet quest.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
kingurz wrote:
MelodyShade wrote:

Complete step 3 under Level 58 Pet Quests above, then go back and check in with Professor Drake.

I have done all of mother ravens quests and still don't have pet quest. I am level 58 death.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
deedeedonna1 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
MelodyShade wrote:

I have done all of mother ravens quests and still don't have pet quest. I am level 58 death.

Same here. I got mine

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
thankyou! for that info i have been wondering about the spell quest

Jasmine GoldenStone - legendary life wizard

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
LeafLover1 wrote:
hello fellow wizards,
I have met the requirements to the level 35 quest from Erik Wyrdrune, and I gotta defeat this raven. well, I have tried twice and can't do it! :x

See ya in Ravenwood,
Laura GreenLeaf
Level 38 Life Wizard

get a bigger deck and load up on health cards, and absorbs, use your minion don't bother putting up traps(unless advisary is myth) use tough, strong to boost centaur. you been in there, buy treasure cards opposite school as it is. stay away from spirit blades and spirit traps, they cost a pip each(unless you can afford it with a single pip). good luck

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
LeafLover1 wrote:
hello fellow wizards,

See ya in Ravenwood,
Laura GreenLeaf
Level 38 Life Wizard

If you have a higher level friend, tell them to transport to you while you are in the duel. You have to go to the friend icon and click on them... you have to also make sure that you click either menu or text chat... I am not completely sure this will work, but you can try it...