Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I keep losing connection!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
I have written support about this problem but they seem to have given up and can not help me. I play this game, or I have been TRYING to play this game every single day. I love it and have made many close friends on this game. It saddens me so much that every time I log on, I lose connection! Yesterday, I sat here for almost an hour, losing connection and trying to get back into the game. This is not the first time that has happened, it has been going on for about a month! I really would LOVE to explore my new spells and school pet and WIntertustk but am not able to. Please help me!

Administrator
I assure you, support has not given up.

Were you able to supply them with a dxdiag that gives us information about things like your video drivers? That is very helpful, and allows them to specifically look at your configuration to determine what is causing the issue for you, which may be different for others with different computers.

If you are not hearing back from support, please make sure that the email address you have associated with your Wizard101 account is a valid email address that you can check. Providers such as AOL, Yahoo and Hotmail will often delay or in some cases block incoming emails from us unless you proactively flag emails from kingsisle.com and wizard101.com as 'approved'.

If you have received a followup email to a ticket you have submitted to support, please reply to the email asking for an update.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
MrsGeserick wrote:
I have written support about this problem but they seem to have given up and can not help me. I play this game, or I have been TRYING to play this game every single day. I love it and have made many close friends on this game. It saddens me so much that every time I log on, I lose connection! Yesterday, I sat here for almost an hour, losing connection and trying to get back into the game. This is not the first time that has happened, it has been going on for about a month! I really would LOVE to explore my new spells and school pet and WIntertustk but am not able to. Please help me!

Many of us are having the same problem now. Late last night, 2 of the 4 wizards in the Waterworks lost connection. One lost connection on the 6th floor. The other wizard, MINE, lost connection on the boss floor, just minutes before we would have defeated him. The dungeon took a very long time. It was frustrating to have invested all of that time in the game just to lose connection, crash the computer, and then learn that we couldn't port back to our friends or re-enter Warehouse style.

Anyway, KI, this is a growing problem. Perhaps it has to do with the overload to servers with so many players and the new content, but that is not the responsibility of the players. There are simply too many of us experiencing frequent lost connections for the problem to reside in our individual computers.

No, Professor Greyrose, I did not submit a dxdiag at 4:00 AM EST this morning. I did not restart my computer after I lost connection and it crashed. Instead, I went to sleep wondering if my two friends, abandoned in the Waterworks, would make it out alive.

Scarlet Ravensong, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
May 09, 2009
In agreement here, since this latest update I'm lucky if I can get through one battle or quest without loosing connection, constantly.

I absolutely agree, this is on KI not the users. You need to look at your end KI. Maybe it's time to add more servers, do an upgrade, make sure you can actually add on a new world before you do. I have five family members signed up for KI, I'm in the process of setting us all up on 1 year memberships, and I constantly buy crowns for us all.

Sorry KI, but if this can't be resolved, I'll have to reconsider our family renewing in the future. Sad if I have to do this because I really enjoy this game. I have my daughter, two teen grand kids and my brother set upon our family account. No, it's not my PC, internet connection, it's on KI.
Hope this gets resolved, soon.
Jasmine Dawnwhisper (1st, Life)