Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to the game... finding people a problem?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
Well ive been on here for a few weeks now. I havent really interacted much. Mostly soloing and playing with a real life friend. Now i want to choose to interact with people and such. It seems like such a chore to find some one to do anything with. Is there a looking for group/party chat or something? What is the easiest way to go about these things.

Sorry if i havent looked around enough to find an already made thread on these types of issues. Any help is appreciated.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I'm on most of the time and I like to solo. If you want to meet up, I'm usually all over the place.
My wizards names are:
Saffron Ghostheart
Jennifer Deathheart
Kaitlyn Ghostheart
Danielle Rosesinger
Mariah Firewhisper
Cassandra Mistcloud

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
v3gi wrote:
Well ive been on here for a few weeks now. I havent really interacted much. Mostly soloing and playing with a real life friend. Now i want to choose to interact with people and such. It seems like such a chore to find some one to do anything with. Is there a looking for group/party chat or something? What is the easiest way to go about these things.

Sorry if i havent looked around enough to find an already made thread on these types of issues. Any help is appreciated.

Well there are the 3 chat styles and the easiest one to communicate with is the 18+ (might be 13) open chat, that is when you can type and the filter isnt as bad. Then there is the limited chat which is for any body who uses crowns or is a member. This allows you to type chat still but it is a bit more restricted. Lastly there is menu chat, this is the hardest to communicate with because you cant type to say exactly what you want. All of these are under your account options. I dont know which you have but by using limited or open chat you can ask for help from friends by whispering to them if they have open or limited. You can also check out the w101 central site (i attached link at bottom of post) Here you can post on an already exsisting thread or make your own for a specific thing. The M4H are good about getting help (Mercenaries for hire). To post on central you need a central account though. Good luck with finding people!

Link:
http://www.wizard101central.com

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I'd stick to playing with your real life friend if I were you. I have a wizard that I have just for playing with my RL friend that I never play on my own so I don't get ahead of her and I had another character that I used to play solo.

I don't think there is a tried and true way of finding a group of people to play with. You just gotta ask people and most people are already doing their own thing and don't want/ need you tagging along.

I know in Celestia though people help each other out there all the time. There have been two notable times where some one random hopped into one of our battles and was really friendly. In both cases after the battle was over we all did a few quests together and then my friend and I would have to go.

So basically there are wizards out there who like working in groups, but most of them already have their own friends and stuff. The hardest part is finding someone which is why I am glad I play with my RL friend

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I hear ya! I think this is one of the major drawbacks to the game. I have been playing about 18 months and have found it difficult to keep friendships in the game. The best you can do is add someone to you friend list and hope they keep pace with you while you play that wizard. It is frustrating that my friend list changes when I change wizards. I wonder if anyone has ideas for better tools for finding people to quest with.

The best strategy I have found for finding others seems to be hanging out in commons area of the world you are questing in and chatting up people.
You can also jump realms to find a crowded realm with more people.
I have never had much success running to the commons area in Wiz City though other players have told me they do that.
If you are desperate you can arrange meetups for Dungeons and big boss battles on web sites such as Wizard101 Central.

Another thing I do is roam around joining battles and helping other people who are questing in the same areas as my wiz. You get a chance to find out if they are good players and once you help them they are more likely to port to help you when you need it.

According to the game rules you cannot exchange personal info with other players so it it is difficult to maintain friendships when you switch wizards or if you are not always online at the same time.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I'd be happy to help out. If you see me in game, say hi! I usually play in realm Wu after 7pm pst.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

See you in-game!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
My friends list is usually always full lol. I usually go up to groups in the commons and just join in. Eventually, if we get in a good conversation, I ask to be their friend. Another way is sometimes I meet them by quests or battle. Also, you can meet them by other friends. I made an awesome best friend from my other best friend xD. Hope this helped.

-James Skullwielder
legendary Necromancer

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I don't know if it's the way i dress or my cologne, but i can't walk through the commons without getting a few friend requests. just wander around the commons for about half an hour, you're sure to get about a dozen requests if it's a busy time of day. then just weed out the people you don't want later. -elijah darkthorn, corwin sandstalker, keller moonblade, gabriel darkthorn, and crew