Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 55 Spell Upgrade for Myth not working?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".

Ok I have completed "Thief of Spells" and I am level 56, but Baldur Goldpaws (neither Olde Town or Northguard) does not have "The Spell Trade" for me. Is there something I am missing?

Historian
May 01, 2010
Dalharil918 wrote:
Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".

Ok I have completed "Thief of Spells" and I am level 56, but Baldur Goldpaws (neither Olde Town or Northguard) does not have "The Spell Trade" for me. Is there something I am missing?

you tried ambrose? i think i may be getting that mixed up with the pet, but its worth a try

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Not just Myth Hun. School of life is also not available to recieve the quest. I have asked many people (most respond with, "what upgrade?" because people didn't read the patch notes) yet to no success. No one seems to know the answer. I think they must have either neglected to add it into the game.. or forgot to put exactly right way to do it in the Patch Notes. According to my level and succession of quests i should have had.. -sighs-

Life Wizard - Mindy Hexcaster

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
I have the same problem, except I'm death and I can't do wintertusk either. I did the first new spell quest in both the normal and test, but the game is saying I haven't completed Grizzleheim, except I did, and it's not like its giving me the quest to get there. I even submitted 3 bug reports in the test realm. :-(

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I'm not getting it either (death school) - came here looking for answers but there don't seem to be any!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
From my understanding of the test realm, you have to complete northilund exposure quest to get that spell (even if you are level 60).

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
Dalharil918 wrote:

same with me

Survivor
May 13, 2010
It is the same problem for the balance school as well. I got the new utility spell but not the upgrade healing spell (level 55) for balance. Hopefully they will get this problem fixed soon. I am at level 60 so my level should not be the problem.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I got a message saying i was supposed to get quest yet nothing.. sighs

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ok last night i got my level 55 myth spell talos. i had progressed thru WT to the point of completing Nordrilund Exposure quest before i figured out where to go, so no idea if this is a requirement but you need access to Sudrilund to fight the boss you need to fight to get the spell. the patch note info is WRONG.

in truth you will get no notification to see him and also you need to go see him in old towne not northguard

i hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Same thing for ICE. Anyone knows about someone who got this level 55 quest in Live Realm?

Administrator
Spell Quests
Every class has to complete the same spell quests to get their new spells at levels 35 and 55. Some of the new spell are upgraded spells, but don’t worry, you still get to keep your original spell! However, there are some requirements to obtain the spell quests.

Level 35 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.
1. Being level 35
2. Having completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”

Level 55 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “The Spell Trade.”
1. Being level 55
2. Having completed the quest “Su Su Sudrilund” in Sudrilund in Wintertusk, which is given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.
3. Having completed the quest “Thief of Spells” from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard.

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “The Spell Trade”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune once again in Northguard to get the quest “The Runedown.”

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
This may explain the spell issue, but still doesn't explain why I can't even get to wintertusk. I did every quest for grizzleheim except the books. i don't get why I'm like the only one who can't get the quest.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
superluther wrote:
From my understanding of the test realm, you have to complete northilund exposure quest to get that spell (even if you are level 60).

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

You're getting mixed up with the pet :\ but I'm Level 60 and still can't get it
but I got fuel from thief of spells is this a bug

Michael SpriteShard Lvl 60 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Spell Quests
Every class has to complete the same spell quests to get their new spells at levels 35 and 55. Some of the new spell are upgraded spells, but don’t worry, you still get to keep your original spell! However, there are some requirements to obtain the spell quests.

Level 35 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.
1. Being level 35
2. Having completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”

Level 55 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “The Spell Trade.”
1. Being level 55
2. Having completed the quest “Su Su Sudrilund” in Sudrilund in Wintertusk, which is given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.
3. Having completed the quest “Thief of Spells” from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard.

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “The Spell Trade”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune once again in Northguard to get the quest “The Runedown.”

Thx, Professor! Now it makes more sense to me! ;)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
tutenkhamen464 wrote:
This may explain the spell issue, but still doesn't explain why I can't even get to wintertusk. I did every quest for grizzleheim except the books. i don't get why I'm like the only one who can't get the quest.

Ahhh - I ran into the same problem. I held off the final task in Ravenscar (battling the 4 Ravens - very tough to do solo, ended up timing my final battle with 3 other people ... yea). In the meantime, I knew I was done with all of GH ... and at level 60 ... and nothing to get to WT. After running around, and redoing a few other bosses, going to Ambrose, nothing ... I finally went to the King in GH ... and walla, a yellow question mark. After talking with him, Ambrose pops up and asks you back to WC ... and WT goes from there.

Just note there is no quest to drive you back to the king, so it needs to updated in GH that once you have completed all tasks needed for WT, and you are at the right level, you need to go to the king.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
you have to explore all of wintertusk or complete all of wintertusk hope this helps ya

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Dalharil918 wrote:

you have to get a certain distance in sundriland. idk how far so just beat sundriland then triy it.

sincere wishes,
dolan ogrerunner grandmaster necromancer (level 52)