Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where are the honey sickle seeds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
I have just logged in after the Wintertusk upgrade and went to purchase honey sickle seeds and they are gone.

What has happened? Why are they missing? The update notes did not say they were being removed.

Please bring them back!!!

Administrator
Honeysickle Seeds are no longer available to be purchased for gold but can be found as drops from creatures in Wizard City.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Survivor
May 16, 2010
Yeah I'm not liking this either I plant a lot of these and they grow very fast it will be hard to farm these when I don't even know where to get them.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
This change really does not make sense to me. You can't get to be a gardener until level 12, which you don't reach until the nearly the end of your quests in Wizard City (depending on side quests done). Yet they have seed drops in Wizard City? In one of the updates a few months ago they took reagents and pet snacks out of Unicorn Way to keep from confusing new wizards. Seems the same should apply here.

If they are going to do this they should at least have the seed drops limited to areas you don't get to until you are closer to level 12, such as some of the bosses at the end of quests in each of the 3 streets, anywhere in Colossus Blvd, and anywhere in Sunken City. Also, why limit them to just an area like Wizard City that might confuse wizards? Make them drops in Krokotopia and Marleybone as well.

Perhaps the reason for removal of balance blades from the silver trumpet vine drops and making the honey sickles harder to obtain is related? Too many blades for sale in the bazaar? Ability to use a school blade on spells cast out of school? Just a thought.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Aritako wrote:
This change really does not make sense to me. You can't get to be a gardener until level 12, which you don't reach until the nearly the end of your quests in Wizard City (depending on side quests done). Yet they have seed drops in Wizard City? In one of the updates a few months ago they took reagents and pet snacks out of Unicorn Way to keep from confusing new wizards. Seems the same should apply here.

While you may not be able to garden as soon as you get that seed, you still will be able to garden them when you reach level 12. In other words, you have to store them in your bank until you reach the end of Wizard City/beginning of Krokotopia. It is much better to already have dropped seeds in your backpack when you begin gardening than only having the starting seeds and purchasing them yourself. Although if those seeds are dropping consistently, than yes, it will be bothersome to have that many seeds in your bank piling up.

The pet snacks scenario is slightly different. Those were removed from Unicorn Way only, because when a wizard enters Unicorn Way they are already bombarded with announcements from professors on the right icon screen with various topics. Adding the pet snacks was too much information (since the pop up occurred with the first snack dropped). There are no gardening pop ups, until you reach level 12 (professor Wu), but wizards may still wonder what to do with their seeds they are receiving on drops. It probably is not necessary to have seeds drop on Unicorn Way (if they do), but I believe the difference is in the pop ups and information overload for new wizards.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
autumnpixiedust wrote:
not happy :(

so much for gardening that was the only plant i purchased now i guess gardening will be over for me when the seeds run out not gardening anymore. if you didn't want us to plant you shouldn't have given it to us in the first place. made my girls stronger and they could fight by themselves.
:(

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Honeysickle Seeds are no longer available to be purchased for gold but can be found as drops from creatures in Wizard City.
When will they be availible again? I really want to add some to my big garden.

Administrator
eddieandgalen wrote:

From now on they will only be available as drops from creatures.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
eddieandgalen wrote:

That stinks. I geuss I'll go farm in wizard city for honey sickle...

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009

Can you get them while harvesting your honey sickle?

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
Re the new restrictions on Honey Sickle seeds (being still ticked about the missing White Laugh-O-Dils) I can't imagine any reason to stop the sale of honey sickle seeds other than being a wet blanket. Sheesh... is the new slogan of KingsIsle - No You Can't?

Someone needs to remind KingsIsle that just because you can impose more rules and restrictions, you don't have to do it. Did you all just become mean step-parents all of a sudden?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
As if Wizard City isnt crowded enough....this makes absolutely NO sense. And to be honest Kings Isle, this is one more thing that is making me seriously consider ending my subscription.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I believe ShatterTusk drops them sometimes. I don't know who else.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I was getting Honey Sickle seeds in the Wysteria Test realm as well, so that may be another source when they go live.