Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells for All Schools!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
New spells are available for players at level 35 and 55. If you are above the level requirements, and have completed the required quests listed below, speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town.

This is a departure from how spells are usually trained, so please follow the instructions you are given.

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 35 will be a new utility spell inline with the other spells players are used to seeing from their class. For example, Storm Players will gain access to a new Stormblade that allows them to dump power pips to make their next spell even more powerful. Nobody beats in a Storm Wizard when it comes to pure damage right?

Players who are a minimum of level 35 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "One in the Snout" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you a quest named "I Know a Guy...".

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 55 spell will be an upgrade of an existing spell that makes it even more useful to high level players. For Fire Wizards this means that Link will now be upgraded to Power Link; a much more effective version of the old spell that allows Fire Wizards to heal themselves considerably better while dropping a big damage over time spell on their opponents.

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".

Ok I'm level 42 and a while ago I was called by Baldur Goldpaws... he said he had an offer I "can't refuse" and when I got there he had nothing for me! I really want to know why he called me so please tell me why this happened
-Laura Starflame lvl 42 master pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
irvin99 wrote:
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
I agree something is not right , i have completed theif of spells and have not recieved quest to speak with mr paws again (not sure of his name at this point i am pretty tired) I am very disappointed in my 35 spell as i am death school and my hit percentage increase is 55% so instead of a hit for 300 i get hit for 460 same with empower , maybe that is something that you guys can fix, now i have seen ice 35 and it is very nice, why do i have to hit myself for a quarter of my life to add 30% blade... and where is my 55 spell what else do i need to do
Flint silverblood level 58 Necromancer
go talk to him even if you dont get the turtorial tip
im level 23 ice so im sorry for yu but im happy for myself yahya :D

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
I am a pyromancer of level 42. My friend that is a higher level than I am that is also a pyromancer asked where I got my new spell from, I told him from Bladur in Olde Town and got my quest on from there.... I got him to go there and he said that it doesn't let him do that " I know a guy..." quest, so I was a little confused about that until I read this five minutes ago. Thank you for helping! :D

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
superluther wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
New spells are available for players at level 35 and 55. If you are above the level requirements, and have completed the required quests listed below, speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town.

This is a departure from how spells are usually trained, so please follow the instructions you are given.

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 35 will be a new utility spell inline with the other spells players are used to seeing from their class. For example, Storm Players will gain access to a new Stormblade that allows them to dump power pips to make their next spell even more powerful. Nobody beats in a Storm Wizard when it comes to pure damage right?

Players who are a minimum of level 35 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Blackbird in a Cage" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you a quest named "I Know a Guy...".

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 55 spell will be an upgrade of an existing spell that makes it even more useful to high level players. For Fire Wizards this means that Link will now be upgraded to Power Link; a much more effective version of the old spell that allows Fire Wizards to heal themselves considerably better while dropping a big damage over time spell on their opponents.

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".

Just one question:

In order to gain the level 55 spell, do we have to complete northilund exposure? (sp?) The update notes do not state this, and from many posts (now and on test) people are not being redirected to Baldur for another spell after gaining their level 35 quest.

PLZ PLZ Clarify this

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Hannah, I completed that spell at level 57, and a tutorial tip appeared after getting dark pact, that said to talk to Baldur Goldpaws, there was no quest, just the thing after doing the level 5+ quest from him.
Also, dark pact criticals, I don't know if it is patched.
8) Evan Seashield, level 58 GrandMaster Necromancer.
8) Also Valkoor Seashield level 8 Apprentice Diviner
P.S Can you make the level 58 boss easier, or remove his cheating, because I have low total health, (2590) At least make his health 8000 or 7000.
Thanks if you do.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
Cool we get more damage for are spells, Austin stormspear level 26.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
The new spells are really good and the pets even better. I Love pets

Survivor
May 08, 2010
hello wizard 101 team i am fire and my secondary is myth (worst pick in wizard ) can you nake it that myth can be useful in some other ways as a secondary like summon minions isnt that the whole thing about it, i might quit to a much better game bye! please answer my question

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
I have an idea for the plants, and just like the pets, we should be able to make new hybrid plants! Like hatching, wizards should be able to mix different plants to make new ones. Maybe, like pets in Derby races, we can enter our plants in Fairs and earn garden experience as well! We should also be able to purchase things like Fertilizer to help our plants grow faster, and also be able to compete in more Fairs! I hope you consider my ideas, and hopefully put them in the game!

Explorer
May 25, 2009
I got a problem with getting power link, I got fuel but not power link I got at 50+ (it was at what 54? 57? Idk) I completed the fuel quest and I talked to Baldur but had only the low level quest saying for me. I: What happened?
:| :? :-( :? plz help

Survivor
May 01, 2010
i think they should make a new wizard.and the new wizards should be sun,moon,and star . :D :-) :) reply if any one thinks this would be a cool idea but you would have to pay for it or be a member to have it . :) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P :? :P :x 8) :-o :( :D :-) :)

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
is there any life lvl 58 wiz with the quest to get the forest lord spell that can help me plz i really need help i've tried everything but i cant kill that boss its way to much life!

Survivor
May 09, 2010
For death there could be a ship reck and like in cl there is a death girl stuck on the front of the boat but she is free so there coulds be somthing like if you have seen pirates of the caribean (a move if you have not seen it) and somthing like half that and the skeleton crew come to you with the crew all have a little slise like if they did about a hundred each then the captin attacks BOOM! ouch and maybe it could be multi because there is just scarecrow witch is multi so please make it a multi if you are reading this THANK YOU :P :-P :-D

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi there,

We LOVE Wizard101! My son and I have been playing since the game was introduced (he was only four years old when he started!) and we continue to be thrilled and delighted with new worlds, spells, mounts, pets, gardening and more! We are curious, though, as to why we are not able to have a wizard of each school? We are only able to have 6 wizards at any given time and we'd really like to grow each of our wizards all the way through Wintertusk and Celestia! Is there anyway we might be able to convince you to allow your devoted players to have another seat in our wizard landing page for just one more wizard? Please?

Many thanks for your time and all of the joy we receive with your wonderful creation!

The Storm Witch

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
lukeskywalker level 58 storm the storm spell for level 55 is insane bolt and man is it dangeorus it does one thoused damage to enemmy or ten thousand to self waste of time :(

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
ok but why cant you get help in battle because i tried 21 times deafeated :(

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
coolchill23 wrote:
not to bother but i'm level 35 and when goldpaws called me he dident give me a quest i don't know what to do next

Daniel star breeze,
or coolchill23 :) :-) :D

That same thing happened to me i went to him in Odle Town and no quest and i went to the one in GH and no quest Mark SoulHammer lvl 46 ice

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
cjab99 wrote:
birde1000 wrote:
can you turn the death dragon into a multi attack so it can be like the others because it is no fun if it goes to one .

sorry i do not think you can turn to multi attack lol

If they turn it into a multi-attack it will have to be a little weaker like all the multi-attacks Mark SoulHammer lvl 46 ice

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I have been looking for the dragon spell for fire for a long time . Well I just wanted to know if you have it in a treasure card.

THX, Victoria Fairydreamer lvl 53

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Yeah I beat the stupid Grizzelheim Guy and guess what? It was a total rip off ! LEGION SHIELD??? You basically ruined the purpose of the Tower Shield, which is perfectly fine. Also, while we're here, I want some new spell for myth that works like Fire Elf or Heck Hound or Poison.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
birde1000 wrote:
can you turn the death dragon into a multi attack so it can be like the others because it is no fun if it goes to one .
not all lvl 58 spells hit all but the ones that do hit all do not do as much damage as the ones that hit one. exemples of hit one lvl 58 spells medusa, efret and leviathin and as you mentioned death dragon

Survivor
May 01, 2010
i was a level 35 and did not get a new spell?Why did it work for you guys?

Survivor
May 28, 2011
dakotalillie wrote:
I am confused...where are these quests that have to be completed in order to talk to GoldPaws? I have finished all of GH and I could talk to him to get the tower shields for all team,but have no clue as to which land the other is in...I think there needs to be clarification on where these quests are located so that we can be aware of when it's time to go talk to him since he won't call for us. Thanks

You have to look through the map,If your in Winter Tusk find those guys with punctuation mark ask for a quest you'll find some of those quest. I had the same problem lost my guide arrow so now i don't where to go so i figure it out by asking those guys for a quest and always refer to your map and tells where to go to find them all.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
Wooo! Just turned into a level sixty, One thing before i get on wizard101 can you learn insane bolt if you can what level you got to i still havent learned it. Warlord Austin stormspear 200 wins and 1 lost come and fight me :P