Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

perfect signal/connection but get error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I can log onto Wizards fine, but once I have to load something (such as a new item or map) I get this error message "cannot connect to wizard101 please try again later" But my connection is perfectly fine, and so is the signal.

any ideas about whats going on?

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
That's what happened to me as well. It IS your connection. When you look at it, it looks perfect because it already got connected again. Trust me this happened LOADS of times with me. If it keeps occuring, clear the game from your system and download it again. Hope this helped!

*~Kayla~*
Grandmaster Storm~ Lvl. 54

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's usually on KingsIsle's end. If the servers are busy, you might get the connection error whenever you try to access something new. It can also happen randomly while you're in the middle of doing something.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
For what its worth, if you have one of those cheap little firewalls (such as linksys, netgear, etc) they often get "overburdened" and it may be worth rebooting it and trying again. If I have problems like that, I find they are usually remedied by rebooting the router and then signing back in after it comes back up.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
colagada wrote:
It's usually on KingsIsle's end. If the servers are busy, you might get the connection error whenever you try to access something new. It can also happen randomly while you're in the middle of doing something.

Colagada to the rescue again :)
Thank You for being so polite and informing me of such problems,
I also believe it was because I disabled Internet Explorer from connecting.
Turned out that it also messed up my messenger too, until I re- enabled it.