Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could not connect error

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Has anyone found a work around to the can not connect to w101 pop up while playing?

I've reinstalled W101, disabled and removed all anti-spy software, I've switched to perfect zones, I've lowered all settings to minimal, and I've logged off and on again; all without success.

This pop up is random. But its most annoying in battle, when attempting to speak with different characters, or buy and sell items. The mouse cursor will only work over quit button. On a map screen the only thing allowable is to click the letter 'X'. Great work around solutions are appreciated and welcome. The Pop-up says:

Error
Could not connect to Wizard 101. Please Try again later.

Thanks for any help. W101 is a great game, this pop up makes playing near impossible.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I get this all the time when using the public wireless connection at work.

I am not sure how to correct the problem, and frankly i never tried because I know it has something to do with how the connection filters certain small downloads, and there is no way possible for me to change those settings.

There is a small thing you can do to work around it. When you get that message and you are not in a fight press HOME or END button. It will port you to your house or to the commons. This will allow you to stay connected but will not allow for anymore downloads. You can also not place any furniture in your house.

I would suggest to put in a ticket to support. They could help you resolve the issue.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life